Baned Runes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrKrtecek, Mar 15, 2014.

1. DrKrtecek

DrKrtecek New Member

Dears,

I have noticed that two runes are still baned at multiplayer ranked matches. (Temple of Brutality, Last stand)

Doesnt you reconsider to unban them? There is always other mechanism how to balance the game, for example setting proper nora cost.

Thank you

Regards

DrKrtecek

2. only

only Active Member

Last Stand was nerfed, when Faxtar had some fun in limited league. I was surprised that this rune got nerf since that deck wasn't that strong at all. I think it was mostly due to being extremely unfun to play against in lower ranks.

there was a good idea to rework this rune for savage clans (as Blood Rage is).

--------------

Temple of Brutality got better and better overtime. it was quite strong thing due to very melee punishing releases (like Minobattlemage), but I doubt it was just because of powerlevel. the player maining ToB was kinda hated by top players having influence on balance. go figure out. this rune could easily get +10 nora and call it a day (unban it). for those who really want to play it.

banning runes shouldn't be an option in poxnora no matter what. nerf them to the oblivion if that's the case. and usually that oblivion might start with 10-15 nora addition, which is laughable. also, ToB was considered to be reworked and it was one of the reason it was banned. like "we will get to it, when we have some time". it was so naive to expect it to be reworked. like Inicite Rage. guess what where it is now?

----------

recently, my guildmate polltroy, which got pretty negative attention in forums due to him being very upset because of Wizard of the Way losing Portal Nexus. like Ghern Thrower got +1 CD on his main ability. these things are unhealthy for the game. so were these non champion runes I guess. the point is that if the things are not looked at globally, it creates some kind of illusion that these balance decisions somehow help to the game. like is having Mobility 2x in all your decks healthy for the game? why not look at those things as well? what's more meta/annoying Domination+cliff or Portal nexus? what is more popular? somehow one is not touched and one is nerfed. not defending Portal Nexus by any means. in fact, I was one of the persons, who suggested it be removed in the first place. I'm just questioning what is the reasoning behind some things being left (aka considered fine). maybe I don't like my champions to be domichasmed. why not ban Domination then?

3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I would like if ToB were changed to a relic that causes vulnerability physical in a radius.

4. Neri

Neri The King of Potatoes

Polymorph is also banned from ranked and battlegrounds play

5. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

This is exactly why I got so upset about the nerf on portal nexus. Maybe the portal is too powerfull, but then make it more weak instead. Maybe it is OP, but then why does not everyone play it and why does not those few who use it get very high ranks? What made me upset about the Portal Nexus nerf is not just that I like it due to the variation of gameplay, but because it is hardly one of those things that should be taken away. To me it seems some influential top players are allowed to control the nerfs/buffs and they do it not from game balance or OP perspective, but from perspective what can keep them at top, not giving less experienced players a chance to beat them. This is exactly what went wrong with this game. Too many abilities, too complex, too long games, too similar games. How to know that the game is sick? If almost all the top players use very similar runes/tactics. If you play 10 games at mid/high rank and you learn almost all the runes by heart, because almost all the runes used are legendary/limited runes with 10-15 abilities each plus some basic spells/equipment. And mainly because the top use one of say a handfull tactics. There are almost 2000 runes in this game. There are 36 (did i calculate correct) different combinations of full/split faction choices alone. Each of these should be able to give at least 5-10 different strategies. Still most high rank games are almost the same. Booring.

Conclusion: try to make changes to the game that is good for the majority of players or the new players, dont make decisions based on the high ranked players like it seems it was made in the past. Try not to limit the variability of the game, instead try to limit the complexity of the game.