BansheeX´s suggestions for the Witch theme

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by BansheeX, Mar 1, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

This a compilation of suggestions I made on the old forums to make the witch theme more competetive. This is the finalised version of the suggestions after the discussions on them.
    I´d love input on it by the new dwellers of the FW forum (wich will very likely include some of the old dwellers) Please keep it all flamefree and constructive :)

New abilities:

Familiar:
    When this champion is within 6 spaces of a friendly champion with Class: Witch it gains all 4 of it´s upgrade abilities and Elsarin Coven
    Friendly champions with class witch within 6 spaces of this champion has +2 defence. This does not stack

Grant this ability to:
    Dark Messenger and subtract 5 nora from it´s cost.
    1-2 future runes.

Defiling Curse:Opposing champions with the Curse condition within 8 spaces becomes Defiled for 2 turns. Cooldown:2 AP cost: 3

Terrifying Curse:
    Opposing champions with the Curse condition within 8 spaces becomes Frightend for 2 turns. Cooldown:2 AP cost: 3

Festering Curse:
    Opposing champions with the Curse condition within 8 spaces becomes Inhibited for 2 turns. Cooldown:2 AP cost: 3

Enfeebling Curse:Opposing champions with the Curse condition within 8 spaces becomes Hexed1 for 2 turns. Cooldown:2 AP cost: 3

One of the above 4 curses should be added to Wretched Witch.
    The others can be used on other champions or later released champions.

Ability change:

Pain Curse: Range on effect is changed to 8 spaces and added to a Witch instead of the Magelord (or in addition to).

Champion change:

Moragen: Add Class Witch, Elsarin Coven and Pain Curse.
    Sarinda: Replace Mythical with Unique (and do the same to all other 150K gold runes) Reduce cost by 5.
    Veilwalker: Add Elsarin Coven and class: Witch. Change rune to be split IS/FW. Add 3 nora to cost
    Dark Seductress: Remove Vulnerability: Magic. Add Abash instead of immunity Disease as upgrade. Rover: Hunter: Cursed instead of Assassinate.
    Tortun Bokor: -4 Nora

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I personally find that Sarinda should be kinda expensive since she is such an important character.
    I should read the story pages again to see what kind of ability could be added to her to make her feel unique rather than just an efficient meta rune.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  3. BansheeX

An Charge ability would be good instead of a nora reduction.

4. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

After reading some of the lore, this is what I found.
    She have a following of robe wearing people (Witches?) that seem to look up to her a lot, one of them are Mairdreth.

5. xRugolth

xRugolth The King of Potatoes

really like these suggestions witches is the only FW bg I play

6. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I really like your ideas proposed.
    Especially the familiar interaction which could go really well with the death harvester and other weird little critters that don't have a home.

However, I do feel like Witches in general should stay mainly curse oriented.
    The suggestions for additional abilities are great but perhaps just swapping/adding current abilities that trigger off of curse could be added to existing witches to simply increase the synergy.

Dark Apprentice to witch. (DMZ facilitator/curser)
    Corruptor to witch. (soul mason upgrade to forsaken Exploit)
    Death Caster to witch. (pain curse)
    Fleshweaver witch. (Rot Curse- basically spark curse but for diseased)
    Dark Seductress: Rover Hunter: cursed
    Necromancer to witch: shadestrike
    Sarinda: Cast Dead Magic zone voodoo

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  7. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Really like the approach to cursed interaction. Witches definitely need more ways to do this as well as some good DMZ interactions. I know that despite not being a witch I auto 2x Magelords because of Pain Curse.

8. BansheeX

I made a few changes in the OP

9. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Few suggestions: (love the current ones though, especially the AoE effects)

Change Curse to:
    Curse Rank 1 Cooldown: 2 AP: +1
    This champion makes an attack against target opposing champion at Range 1-4. If successful, the target becomes Cursed 4 (-1 DMG, -1 DEF, -1 SPD) and takes 50% damage. If the target was already cursed, this ability deals 100% damage.

Curse Rank 2 Cooldown: 2 AP: +1
    This champion makes an attack against target opposing champion at Range 1-4. If successful, the target becomes Cursed 4 (-1 DMG, -1 DEF, -1 SPD) and takes 50% damage. If the target was already cursed, this ability deals 150% damage.

Of all the undead I would like to see become a witch (which isn't many) I would love for the Dark Enchantress to be one of them.

She is in sore need of a rework and I can see her being the witch's more active controller unit. Especially if she could be made to create conditions to improve other's damage output.

Woffleet likes this.
  10. BansheeX

Sounds like good input :)

11. bluestun

bluestun Member

Giving +2 defense to all witches within 6 spaces might be a little too strong for the familiar. Why not just give it defender 2 instead? Familiars usually stay quite close to their masters after all.

newsbuff likes this.
  12. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

love these ideas, would make witches more fun.

13. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

I really like the various abilities that interact with cursed units. It's a very thematic ability set to let you poke and harass opponents without being OP.

14. BansheeX

It´s nice that so many people seem to like them. Lets hope the Owls do as well :)

Woffleet likes this.
  15. TinyPickle

TinyPickle The King of Potatoes

Here another few candidates for witches:

Soul siren > Could be usable if tweaked abit, example(relocate in DMZ, forsake exploit, spd 6, hidden DMZ)
    Elsarin reaper > This one could be a tank witch unit
    Bloodbanshee > she has abilitys that would fit the theme

16. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'll be very interested to see witches after the revamp and what gets the witch treatment (per the hinted Q&A).

17. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I'm curious if protectorate will get witches. They seem like they fit kf quite well but they don't want to encourage those splits

18. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

These are wonderful ideas! Witches were my most enjoyable FW theme and knew I would miss them once I traded them away. Of matter of fact I told the new owner that I would miss them.. I reacquired the runes and look forward to seeing what they become in the near future.

19. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I'm down with familiars (as long as one of them is a duck made out of wood).

SireofSuns likes this.