Barbarians, race or class

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Ulfheobar, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

I still do not understand why barbarian is a race. Barbarian is type of warrior or shaman. It is way of life like paladin, warrior.. So imo should be class. Maybe it was discussed. What you think?

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

It has been discussed many times. Basically in the Poxnora universe, Barbarian is a race. Human is also a race, but humans are weak and corruptible, which is why you will find humans in Wrath factions. The few humans in Ironfist are supposed to be barbarians.

3. Ulfheobar

Interesting, thnx

4. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

It was just a race they made for some reason, I have never heard any reason behind it but it has just always been there from day one of pox. Its been suggested to be changed like 1000 times but nothing has happened yet most likely do to code issues of having to change all the race abilities to class ones. It should be noted that Human, Barbarian was always the race of the IS barbarians until the revamp hit for some reason.

5. Ulfheobar

Barbarian as a race is like when somene is a jerk. It is way of life. That means jerk can be a race.
    Example giving fallen magnus race barbarian is so damn ******** that it does not make any sence. I know this is a game, fantasy blabla but then why we dont have flying elephants, range 8 champions with knives, or archers with range 1?
    Stuff needs to make some sence so we can enjoy it.

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I liked the division between Barbarians and Humans within IS. To me it showed that some of them were now civilized and could eat with a fork. While others still chose a mate by beating him or her over the head with a wooden tire iron and dragging the poor sap back to a cave.

7. Ulfheobar

Yeah that would be cool. But barbarians should be savagers. Light armor, fast, low defense, high dmg, low healing. IS magnus, Vengeant knight , newly charger knight shouldnt be both.

8. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's not a race though and while I hope you are joking, you have to see how horrid the random separation is for internal synergy. Where you eat doesn't change your race.

9. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Except SL. All the weak humans got corrupted already, and became dragonmen!