Be Nice To New People

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olgachary, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Olgachary

Olgachary The King of Potatoes

Hello poxnora people. I have noticed of late the community has been growing increasingly unfriendly towards new players after viewing a few chats in the public channels. Remember to be polite to new players, new players help the game grow. Being mean and hostile towards new players does the opposite. I'm sure most people do but I've seen on a few occasions though this becoming a bit of an issue.

2. thered

thered The King of Potatoes

I couldn't agree more. Every time I see someone new I do everything I can think of to make them stay and realize what a great game this is. It's one of the main reasons I want to be a moderator. That way new people would see me as a resource without me coming to them. When the ps4 launch happens (hopefully) I won't be able to keep track of all the new players coming in.

bambino and Xirone like this.
  3. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

People in the forums tend to be great. Some even helped me out by giving me a few exotics to get a deck going early. The players in game though, absolute poison. I've been insulted winning or losing almost every game

Xirone, TeaNinja, Qucas and 3 others like this.
  4. Olgachary

Olgachary The King of Potatoes

I've seen some players being insulted for wanting to play a game. Seems like you can't really win in the game.

5. edmek55555

My best advice to you is to que up.for some quick matches and try to ignore any negative interaction in game. Then when you want to enjoy the community head to the forums. That's what I've been doing and I would say I've been having pretty positive experiences.

Even when I get upset and anger post most people explain what exactly happened instead of saying "Lol rage harder noob"

SPiEkY likes this.
  6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

There are definitely some players that it is best to put on ignore. They will complain and gloat constantly. This goes for in-game and on the forums. /ignore can make the game better!

7. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Also, if people are being incredibly abusive, you can report them. I'd stick to /ignore whenever possible, though.

8. edmek55555

The gloating. MY GOD THE GLOATING!

Xirone likes this.
  9. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I don't know who you guys are talking about because I haven't met a player that's abusive/toxic for a long time...? And the only gloating I've seen has been from long time players to other long time players.

10. edmek55555

A good majority of the games I play my chat box normally ends up having a message like "wow, bad move noob" or "can't even take out my champion with a legendary!? Ha!"

11. thered

play me sometime. I promise that wont happen. There are good players on pox, you just have to know where to look. And if that happens again let me know and Ill beat them up

12. edmek55555

Haha, thanks. If I play a game online I know not to take that stuff too seriously. Any game with online interaction will have moments like this. I also realize it is very likely I have just gotten a string of bad games so far. I can tell from the forums that the community is generally good people

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ehh. I'll be nice to new people who are deserving of it. Poxnora needs new players, but we don't need any entitled, arrogant piece of shits.

14. Skybloom

Skybloom I need me some PIE!

What makes a new player feel entitled to something? And how did the new player(s) you were interacting with come off as arrogant?

15. edmek55555

This is one of those guys we were talking about

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

They see the lack of players and think "oh hey i'm a new player I should get what I want". Pretty much I give the player 5 minutes of my time. If within those 5 minutes they choose to complain, whine, and/or talk Bane Shift, I go on with my day. If they're cooperative, I help them until they don't need help anymore.
    Are you trying to say i'm one of the people you should ignore?

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  17. thered

Thats exactly what he is saying

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

They tend to do it pubically, but rare league players tend to pm or chat Bane Shift during the game.

19. edmek55555

I am saying you have a pretty bad attitude toward new players. Just because someone is new doesn't mean they feel entitled to anything. That is generalizing a whole group for no good reason

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You should try reading my post again. I didn't generalize anyone.