Befoul: would you run it?

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by yobanchi, Aug 15, 2016.

1. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

just a hypothetical. Would any FF FW peeps run befoul if it were FW instead of UD?

Seems unusable in UD, nothing really has jumped out as a huge value for running it in UD and wonder if it would be playable in FW.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I think it would have niche uses, but would be beat out by other spells in most cases.

3. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

It wouldn't really be runnable even in FW. Not as a spell.
    It would be run if it were something that activated on attack, like defiling touch. Instead of defiling aura, which is really very stupid, and already exists. It's only the most easily avoidable form of defile ever. We need perma defile combined with inhibit for 1. Healing to be shut down more efficiently and 2. so that FW's long term tactics of attrition can be worth a damn

DrakeArron likes this.
  4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Maybe? Probably not worth. Built around it before.

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

We need a Hyaenid ascendant

6. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

We need a hyaenid ascendant

7. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

In status effect reliant decks yes i most probably would but i recently realised that Oblivion Hex is pretty good, 30 nora Defiled/Cursed/Inhibited for 6 turns and you get 30 nora back if it is somehow countered.

Was it changed at any point? I don't remember it being useful but sadly It will probably just fall into the category of ED > every other FW spell

8. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

For the love of absolutely everything, no

9. potatonuts

For once I think I agree with you.

Defile being too accessible or easily applied especially if permanent would make certain FW stuff practically impossible to counter. I'm all for more Defile but It's something that should be treated carefully and as much as I'd like FW to have permanent Defile it would be kind of bullshit.

I'd like to see a few more champs with Defiling Aura, Banshee and Zombvoth work great but I'd definitely like to see it spread around on at least a few more guys just for the sake of variety if anything.

10. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

Defiling aura is a joke. And a sandbag ass ability

when a champ enters defiling aura it should be defiled for a period of time. They shouldn't be able to just "walk two spaces out of the zone to cleanse".
    In other words it should work like soul reaver does

DrakeArron likes this.
  11. potatonuts

It's situational, and 2 nora.

I mean, having it on a 2x2 champs with arrow eater in a bg full of DoTs, debuffs and all sorts of other status effects for 2 nora? It's damn good.