Best anti-def for Lonx decks

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by xezno, May 6, 2015.

1. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I realize Striker has Strike but I always run Ready 1 on him. I guess I could switch back but I never see a reason to run two of these guys. Besides him what is the best strategy to use when facing a deck based around nothing but amping def?

I just faced this as lost but I knew I was screwed when I was running nothing to counter super high def.

EDIT: My normal strategy to high def is simply high attack lonx but this guy had like 14 def with tough 3 by round 10. I had nothing. I went to avoid him and rush the shrine which is what I did for a while but he was able to keep tapping at my units until I was just screwed.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

can you explain how that champion got to those levels. At that point there was little chance of you winning it seems.

3. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Darius' Favour. On spot strike for any ranger which translates to lonx hunters/gnark wrecking anything. It's the only equip I run in lonx. Oh and also on spot range attack for any ranger annnnd of course declare target. I love that Bane Shift.

Lonx shredder has both shred defense and sunder. It's seven speed and has a dot effect so I run at least one. Decent draw as well situational.

Sheer damage output does the rest.

4. xezno

It was a Minotaur Gladiator in an IS/UD split deck. Not totally sure how it got so high so quick but most of it was from an Armorer who I killed off that round or the next and Molten Cloak which made my Hammerfall Lonx useless and caused a nice delay in my attempts to even attack him. He was only able to use Thirst for Battle once before he hit 14 so it wasnt from that. After that, it was all downhill. RD made it impossible to hit from a distance also but that might have been later.

I had Darius' Favour in my deck in the past but I took it out because I never used it. It is back in now. That may have made the difference, if I could get him without RD, since I had a lonx hunter with Hunter: Wrath out. Thanks for the tips.

JellyBerry likes this.
  5. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Coordination tower works pretty well for one rounding something

6. xezno

I use that in almost all my decks but it only works if I can actually hit something. I love that thing. Now that I think of it, I am not sure why it is not in every ST deck I make....

7. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Lonx Shredder ftw

8. xezno

hmm, so def is cheaper now I see. Time to start running 2x Shredder and 2x Darius' Favour if all high def champs are getting a discount. I am quite thankful for all the feedback here.