Best Split Hero for UD Deck?

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by fogandsteel, Sep 10, 2016.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

My main question is which split hero is more competitive for a split UD deck?

A part of that question is which of these two heros is better: Zoalt or Jyx? (Because so far I see those as two best options, but I might be wrong.) Please also recommend what upgrades to run on them.

(I understand that what other runes you use in a deck might have an impact on how effective a particular hero is. Feel free to share the wisdom what complementary runes can work well with a particular hero.)

2. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I always use Zoalt(Flamestrike +Majestic 2) in any UD or SP split that isn't a particular theme (like k9s or stitched), but he's my favorite rune in the game, so I'm probably not the best person to be answering this.

Qucas and fogandsteel like this.
  3. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Zoalt coolest, Hraken best.

fogandsteel, Qucas, vipoid and 2 others like this.
  4. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Seconded.

5. fogandsteel

Which equips would be the best for these champs? (especially from UD/KF factions)

6. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Hraken plus Cloak

7. vipoid

Cloak for Hraken. No idea about the others.

8. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Jyx with Widowmaker is nice too if you keep him healed. Lot's of free attacks with Manic and Widowmaker.

9. fogandsteel

Just tried running Zoalt for the first time. I really like him. What equipment do you use for him?

10. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Staff of he Solstice would work nicely on him, lot's of defense between Void Shield, Majestic, Charm, Deflect, and HM 3.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I usually don't bother with an equip on him, to be honest, but he's a decent target to equip via Mandate of Sheoul

12. fogandsteel

I run Zoalt in UD/KF split, so, unfortunately, can't use Staff of Solstice.

13. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Try Regen Ring and Forest's Embrace.

fogandsteel likes this.
  14. vipoid

On the subject of split UD heroes, does anyone use Hraken with his own armour (Mail of Barbs)?

15. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Mail of barbs doesn't fit on hraken at all, which is kind of a shame.

16. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Try splitting Zoalt with SP and using Magnify Beast/ Zealotry/ Havocs Touch/ Earthshakers bracelet or Ol'Sok.

Also works well with Grundelwulf Alpha

Whatever happened to the Zeventrech Super champ BGs!?

17. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

The salamander guy, Jyx? works well in an FWUD split using curses and soul taps. Inkblight Witches, UTTERDARK leviathan, eye of serkan, etc. Equip Ireguards with the tempest helmet thingie for maximum fun. Pawn, Prestige, majestic, hiding in dead magic zones.

18. fogandsteel

Tried running Hraken. Indeed, he is very good. I used Hostile and Deep wounds. He seems to be the best range champ in split UD.

19. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Hraken in udkf with grundelwolfs, gw alphas and wild elves is great.

fogandsteel likes this.