BG Decision

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Jonesy23, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

I would like to start playing SL again (as it was the faction I started the game on) and am having a hard time deciding between a Myx BG or Draksar. Which of the two would be better to play for a beginner in SL and easier to adapt to later on?

2. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Depends how deep your pockets are.

Both are somewhat dependent on LEs. I mean you could run Draks with Wyrms instead of Popes but that would suck. Good news is besides the Popes, you don't need anything else really expensive. The deck is relatively easy to play (I mean, all SL decks play the same after all) and there's a multitude of available champs to fit your playstyle.

Myx on the other hand is rather heavy on purplz. You could get by without Slashers but the Kwing are really hard to replace. Then you also need a combination of Coords/Adamants/Broodlords to get the thing running. Drone spam having been nerfed makes it rather easier to manage late game but it can still be a micro nightmare (but usually by then you probably have won anyway). The ceiling is higher but so is the learning curve.

The sad part is that is that pretty much all SL decks right now are self contained so your investment in one direction might not be splashable in another deck. I'm still waiting for the SL metagoodstuff.dek to pop up.

3. Jonesy23

Jonesy23 Member

I can make a full set of either BG. Going of the Myx thread I saw I went ahead and made a BG off of it with the only difference being 2 adament and 1 brood lord. So far they seem pretty fun but the adaments aren't as tanky as I would like them to be :/ I run calcify and adaptive :SL on them thinking that would be the best set for him to tank. I may switch it out for he Draksar though cause it seems to get crowded with 2x2's and drones running around. Maybe it's just inexperience on the theme though.