BG - Hub. Amareth edition

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Forest Lerper was my main man back in 2012; he hasnt lost any of his kit really (minus evasive) I ran him in beasts with some help from Bard/Avenging angel.
    I used to yell out FEAR THE LERPER before he pounced on something for 20+dmg.

Look's very different from what I've been running as of late; which is good that there's variety in a successful top tier BG.

2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

That bg looks fairly solid; and you have some alternative targets for grims mirror so that's good.
    How have you found it working so far (I noticed it looks similar to my magic amp bg hehe :) )

3. blbbrayan

blbbrayan The King of Potatoes

Burn or Karma, could you make a tree theme?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  4. Puffknight

Puffknight I need me some PIE!

Well I'm new to KF and I'm lucky you share your experience . It looks like it cause that was my starting point :)

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I'm more than happy to help haha; especially since you're a guildy! :)
    I'll catch you in game and see how it works out my friend.

6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Gorebucket is the tree king, although I haven't seen him around lately. Trees have taken a bit of beating though. I'll see if I can put one together for you that I would use.

7. ChiaoLung

https://poxbase.com/deck/c7MC7IC3HCaTC6FCaWCaYc6HcgQs7s6Ns1US7TS2ts6BsLr3nr2YR1drUe2u

You could try something like this. I have the patriarchs and the willowinds in there for boost mostly. I like the oakthumpers and dryads best with surge. Catharsis bloom is mostly in as an overgrowth target.

The nice thing about trees is that nothing is really set in stone and you can design your bg to how you play best. Deadwood strider could be swapped for twisted fireoak if you wanted. Almost any of the spells could be swapped out for another surging sapling. I like skyshear as a font harasser, although you could definitely swap it out for something else. If you really want magic damage you could always add either Thirion or Mena.

8. Puffknight

Puffknight I need me some PIE!

After going back and forth and testing and losing and testing and sometimes winning, guess what ? Still testing :)).

Here is another attempt that will hopefully increase my win rate in the future.

BG Link

Let me know what you`re thoughts are and if there is anything out of place in there , please let me know :)
    Thanks.

Puff.

9. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

What are your thoughts of Elven Treecaller now? I know they were really good before the nerfs hit the trees. What about now?
    What about K'thun? Is he a good add?

10. ChiaoLung

I'm the wrong person to ask about K'thun. I hate that champ since there is no way to control his movement short of bracketing him with champs or relics. I'd probably run him in a plant bg that was dedicated to the Wood Elemental for the free saplings but I don't think he's worth an include in a regular tree bg. If he ever got either Take Control or Take Root (back) I'd probably run him in a regular tree bg. If you really want nora shield I'd include Spirit Singer instead.

As far as Elven Treecaller he looks like he good be good source of boost and would likely help out. I think the other sources of boost bring more to the table though for around the same cost. Again, I'd probably run this guy in a Wood Elemental bg rather than a regular tree bg.

11. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

So I've made my return for good this week, and the meta and changes look a bit changed, not so much, but changed. As much as I hate KF, I'm going to give it a go since it's the only faction that looks fun at the moment. I've lost interest in every other factions after playing them for so long, except Leoss, Leoss is love. Anyways, here's the bg;

http://gyazo.com/d181f99881964ef4018f720c3b4be52e

This is my style of a battlegroup, and I don't really want to change anything in it, I just want to know if it currently follows the meta. And yes, I'm going to get my hands on a second angel.

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Definitely not my style of play; but that bg looks like it could really be a pain in the ass.

13. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

So far it has been. I just think I could use a little more healing for sustaining. I've got a legitimate amount of poke and damage. BG's good in both terms of turtling and rushing. I'm also a huge fan of Carnivorous vines and Privateer Captain.

Karmavore likes this.
  14. Gaedel

Welcome back, Nexx! KF does seem to be the most fun at the moment as many champs, spells, relics and equipment seem to be working together much moreso than other factions. They have so many equipment runes that are useful in almost any battlegroup (Withering Fern, Shimmering Flower, Horn of Order, Skystorm Spear, Murder, Forest's Embrace, Covenant (since Grimthir or Menlaus is almost auto) and others). Other factions would love to have a Cleansing Emerald.

15. Gaedel

This is a great thread, @Karmavore

I wish other factions had similar threads with good battlegroups, updated, both budget and regular, with strategy and combos. It is very helpful. I would like to see good Trees/Plants and Fairies, with strategy and combos.

16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Thanks man; this is an on-going project for me and I'd like to make this as informative as possible. Eventually I can start recording videos and tagging them with the BG's ive posted to give a more informative "lesson" on what's being mentioned/talked about.

If anyone else can think of any features I could add, let me know. I'd be happy to add more features in. I like to give back to the community in any-way possible; this games done so much for me. It's only fair. =)

*Also I'll be adding some "featured" bgs in the lists as-well (m0stly your posted stuff) and I'll try and get some more competative theme BG's rolling in too.
    Thanks for your support!

17. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

Well I've averted from KF Meta as I seem to not be enjoying it, but, playing Garu now. So far so good, they're strong, they've got the entire kit. Planning to play them for a while, try to play them back into the top 50.

I'm a player that runs an abundant amount of champions, no less than 17 a bg. This is the Garu bg I'm running; Garu hunters are by far my favorite Garu.
    http://gyazo.com/df51451475bc0f39c77ced4700fd4d0d

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  18. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

I think we played yesterday! I was pretty surprised to be facing a garu bg, tbh.

19. Nexx

Nexx I need me some PIE!

That was actually the first or second game I had with the Garu, so I still didn't know how to pan out. Got the hang of it now. They're fun and can be played in several different ways.

I threw in an Elven Strategist just because of the Garu Kodiaks. It's insane what you can do with so much mobility on a warcry champion.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  20. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

https://poxbase.com/deck/C2=coGc2-cHchvc52c6GcjnC1jCukcyOcyHs3Ws5S7s5-s6Ns6Os78s4Kr2orqr2drUe1Pe8

What do you think? The idea is that the enemy will never be able to dodge gunbattery, making it a 16 dmg/per round (or 32 if you're pro) for 60 nora. Added to that is a load of knock back for either forced clumping together of enemies of +5 dmg when stuff like force barrier and carnivorous happens to them. Epochal is there to laugh at them as they try to stay really far back and avoid me. Bane Shift like elder garu and interceptor are debatable, more there to get in the way.