BG - Hub. Amareth edition

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I made a BG close to what you're trying out @Elves Rule and it was okay for a while; but I started to realize it's not consistent enough for ranked play. Maybe it would have to be worked at a bit from my point of view; but generally it's pretty gimmicky and has a hard time competing at the level most people are striving for.

But with that said; the fun aspect of that BG is through the roof. You can get a lot of enjoyment out of spamming lockdowns/Artillery's. So keep at it man. One thing I can suggest to add to the BG is x2 Burning Oakseeds/Devolves/Elven Bureaucrats ; I tried tortuns in the BG for a bit; but I think Aurora Lancers/Bureau's are a bit better at locking units down with Devolve/Stall (usually resulting in 0/2AP per round if done right.) The Oak seeds are there for Artillery immunity and of course spot ALT DMG..

Anyways, good luck with the bg man.

2. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

A bit of background, I don't do ranked. So meh :D. Also, most of my decks are fun gimmicks, because fun.

Anyway.... oak seed is a very good call, because the oaken mace is there 30% for the stun and 70% for SURPRISE now my gunbattery can murder you if you want to engage it, but oak seed fills that role fine.
    Devolve is now in for ancestral anger, I never used it anyway.
    Bureaucrat has replaced cent interceptor, but I'm not sure whether to run drudgery or stall....

Ty for the help.

3. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah. Unfortunately I lack the legendaries and most of the exotics required to try it out. Alas.

6. Poxbrothers

@Karmavore It is a lot of fun for sure!

I am planning on testing light of a feather in there too.

A surprise 1 ap to double tap, while running your lifegiver in range sounds good to me.

@doubtofbuddha all you need is 2 Wood Marshal Druids as far as Exotics go (Stellar Horizon is nice but not auto at all) and as far as LEGS go the only ones in there are the 2x Seeker of Source.
    Not counting Warbanner and Thorn Collection (of which TC isn't necessary in the BG either).
    As the Delim don't have to many options yet unfortunately the Wood Marshal and the Seekers are kind of auto. You could run replacements but it would cripple the BG.

Cheers,

Josh753

7. doubtofbuddha

Yeah. I have 1 Wood Marshal Druid and no Seekers. Also a rather large list of legendaries I want. So I guess we will see.

8. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

Is a Centaur battlegroup viable, or are they too crippled with all being 2x2? I guess you could run them in a KF/IS Barbarian split since Sarnghavian Centaur is a split rune and Centaur Savage has Ally: IS and both are Barbarian/Centaur. Does anyone run either at all?

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Cens are pretty garbage sadly. It's basically Rally the Heard + Bliss/Savage/Sarng

10. Elves Rule

Skirmishers are fun. Especially with time slip =D

11. Puffknight

Puffknight I need me some PIE!

Question : How is Rally the Heard any different than quickening ? I mean it grants an extra attack to all centaurs. Quickening is more expensive and wont allow you to cast any spell that turn. Rally is cheaper but limited to centaurs only ....

12. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

It has to do with it being "balanced" because there aren't really many Centaurs you can use it with. The overall power isn't really big (at least, I don't think). It doesn't cause trouble and it isn't a priority. But if more Centaurs ever get released, it will need to be looked at.

13. Puffknight

Looked at , why ? Cause it eludes me. Quickening grants 2x attacks regardless of unit type , Rally is limited by unit type. I find the first way more usable and way more powerful. And if its looked at it should not get more than 5 up to 10 cost increase.

14. Puffknight

Btw , can u use 2 rally of the heard spells in the same turn ? Lets say cast 1 then attack, cast second and attack , getting 4x attacks per unit (provided they have 8 for two normal attacks) ?

15. doubtofbuddha

@Poxbrothers, what upgrades do you run on the champs? Managed to get the runes together thanks to a guildie.

16. Elves Rule

@Puffknight Why do you think rally is bad? Even if you only cast it for one centaur, it's cheaper than a normal quicken. The fact that it's race specific is no different, you run it in centaurs because it works there, not in other BGs. It's like Running chained fae in an archer BG, or Elven statue in a garu BG, are both stupid things to do.

17. Puffknight

I'm not saying its bad but its not great either, regardless of how many centaurs you have. The BG's where you can use that are far less than quicken or quickening. The fact that its restricted to race reduces the combination of runes where it can be played. Its natural for quicken or quickening to cost more cause it affects regardless of race , class etc.

18. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I would have to strongly disagree with your statement about Rally the Herd not being great. The spell is beyond great. I think your missing the true power of the spell by focusing on its race restriction. The centaur theme is pretty crappy in its current state but that does not make the spell any less powerful. As others have suggested, if centaurs ever get looked at and put to a playable level, this spell would need to be "adjusted" at the same time.

19. Puffknight

Well I admit its great if you can cast 2 in the same turn , cast x1 , attack , cast x2 attack. But otherwise I don't see it as being over the top. As I said a cost increase between 5 and 10 maybe . And if you can cast them both in the same turn to limit that to 1. But hey , I'm new to KF and you guys maybe right but still I don't see it as being beyond great unless multiple cast on same turn as I explained above.

20. Poxbrothers

Conclave: Warden/Entangle
    Artisan: Mason 1/Shatter
    Flamemage: Nova 3/Cleansing Flame
    Lifegiver: Blessing 1/Transfer Life 2
    Outcast: Flame Siphon/Cleansing Flame
    Seeker: Detect 2/Relic Guardian
    Harvester: Evasive 1/Cocoon
    Wood Ele: Plant Regen 1/Resist Physical 3
    Druid: Flame Armor 3/Sac of Delim

Hope that helps!

@Puffknight nice to see other people playing Delims too, haha!

Sincerely,

Josh753