BG - Hub. Amareth edition

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

What do you think about any of the following runes in a Fairies battlegroup?

Bridge to Nowhere
    Living Vines (x1 or x2?)
    Dreamblossom
    Prismatic Crystals
    Tower of Amareth

2. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

There are better fairy players than me out there, but here's my take.

Bridge to Nowhere is neat, but not normally worth playing. The Mobility and speed are nice, but typically before the Mobility or Escape clause can function your fairies have already been one-rounded.
    Living Vines is at least 1x auto with Lexicon.
    Dreamblossom is pretty bad. You get a small heal for 1 or 2 champs and distract an opposing champs if they don't kill it from range first. Not having shadowspawn on this kills it for me.
    Prismatic Crystals can be awesome if you build your bg around it. If you don't it's not normally worth including.
    Tower of Amareth I include x2 in any fairy or wizard bg They make great font contesters and if your opponent ignores them the damage can add up.

3. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Haha, when I first saw Dreamblossom I immediately assumed it had shadow spawn purely because of what it does. I literally didn't realize until the other guy shot it. Makes no sense with the 2 spaces - blow up clause.

4. Gaedel

Thank you for the information.

What are your thoughts on Fae Enchantress and Fae Oracle? Are they worth including, 1x or 2x, and what upgrades would you use?

Since Dreamblossom isn't that good, is Fae Bloomwalker worth an add, and if so, what upgrades would you use and what role would she play?

How about Fae Advocate without a basic attack?

Crown of Petals: Is it better to place it on an opposing champ or your own Fairy?

KF has a lot of good equipment. Which equipment would you include, in order, in a Fairies bg: Crown of Petals, Special Prize, Withering Fern, Shimmering Flower
    I'm thinking Crown, Fern, Prize and Flower, in that order.

5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

for my lexicon bg it's x2 Crowns (Always save one for your own fae; unless you can lockdown a unit/execute a kill and follow up with Artisans "craft." But generally always have one kept away.
    Special prize is a great piece in fae; simply for the Debufs/-2def on surrounding units. (Only running x1 currently) - I prefer fern x2 of flower specifiically because CoP is locking things down as is and shimmering flower is easily counter-able where as CoP/SPrize are un-avoidable debuffs. Fern is just a great equip all around.

6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Enchantress is ok. I wouldn't include more than 1. I'd run her with soften if you're going to run her.
    Oracle is good in a spell bg. If you're running Lexicon I wouldn't run her as you'll need to choose between spells and equips. I like her with Weaken Spells.
    I only like Bloomwalker as a cheap source of Illuminate and I only run her with Lancer.
    Fae Advocate is interesting and can be a lot of fun to use. There are better options though.
    Karmavore already said everything that needs to be said about equips. Crown is awesome on your own champs though. Regal Presence is really good.

7. Gaedel

In the Highlander battlegroups, how does "Skystorm Spear + Tree spider = 21dmg skewers on ranged units"? Tree Spider has a +50% to champs with Flying, is that what you mean? So it would still be 14 vs non-flying champs, right?

8. Gaedel

In your Lexicon battlegroups, would it be beneficial to add Elven Trading Post instead of Catharsis Bloom to get a 10% refund on the equipment and other relics, since you are using so many of them? Or maybe a second Special Prize instead of Catharsis Bloom, or a second Artisan, Fairy, etc., unless CB is necessary in this battlegroup.

What champs would be best to equip the Lexicon?

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Oops probably got those two mixed up; I'll fix that. Ty for pointing it out.

10. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Honestly there is no absolute best for Lexicon targets; however, most of time you're applying Lexicon to Sunblossom/Moonlit/Sylph/Rascal - But DMG boosting runes like Lexicon can be a huge swing on any unit; there have been games where I've slapped it on Nectar/Wardens for a huge melee boon (since most of the BG relies on range power). Also; I've found Lexicon being an a huge asset to Experimental defensive staying power. (the DMG reduction really helps deter people from trying to one round.) So In regards to Lexicon, you're basically able to use it in a very flexible nature.

I tried Elven Trading Post - It's like a 2-3N return on equips, nothing considerable. The refund takes at least 6-8 relic/equips for it to even off.

CB is necessary I think, based on the fact that I only run x1 Nectar Fairy. Sometimes I don't draw her and the bloom is a good play in the passive aggressive nature of this BG. (Enables you to hinder the ability to "pick away (snipe)" are your Fae) In some cases with this BG you're un-able to get some of the centerpieces out and have to rely on the BG's depth for chance at stalling.

11. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Fan Faire in the budget version -.- . You and your Fan Faire, lol.

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Haha crap; I gotta edit that too; ty.

13. smokyman

smokyman New Member

I have copied Karmavores ngels Redemption BG, but im notsure how to use Elven page and the frostcall quiver (amongst other things) van anybody give me some pointers? And what do you do with elven artisan? i wasnt able to get a grimlic and a harbinger so ive added a bowmage and a Fea enchtanress, is that ok?

14. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Elven Page is a mid/late game deploy (usually triggering DF3) - Frostcall is on demand alt dmg for ranged champions or anthing with 1-2+ RNG.
    Artisan is a font harrasser/nora gen/shatter. Any ranged champions can fill those holes Smokyman.

15. Gaedel

How is Artisan used as a font harrasser? She's pretty weak. I just park her at my shrine.

16. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Since she's so cheap she'll probably end up paying off her Nora cost in most games; at which point I tend to just bait the opponent with her (hopefully not resulting in a kill - but just enough to get them to over-extend) so that they're either wasting AP to tap her; or out right blow full AP pools to kill her.

I've never regretted using this type of play; because as far as I'm concerned her job has been satisfied once she's paid for herself/wasted enemies AP. Of course all of this is useless if you can't capitalize off your opponents play, so it takes more than just running her into fonts and getting a 1 turn contest; but the illusion of them gaining an advantage after killing the artisan is the end goal.

17. Gaedel

That makes sense. These strategy discussions are very helpful. Thank you!

18. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I have watch a ton of Karma's games. He does this in such a masterful way that it looks easy to accomplish. Looks are very deceiving but good luck on mastering this technique.

19. Gaedel

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Oracle is mainly used in a more spell reliant version (If you're going down this path consider x1 bliss the muse - CD reduction - Another fae Oracle to maximize draw potential/early game spell spam - x1 Nullbeast is enough for any Fae BG (should be able to sustain with x2 Nectar's) - x2 Horn of Order is over kill - Consider Special Prize for debuffing OR Skystorm spear for surprise Line DMG))