BG - Hub. Amareth edition

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

It's good to have variations if you're running tanking units like this; simply because precesion wrecks Quillbacks, and Boa's are just Firking monsters.

2. Puffknight

Puffknight I need me some PIE!

Looking forward to a Coalition update of the presented BG's.

GhunX112 likes this.
  3. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

Aurora Sunmage is good. Also Lance and Banner. Esp. banner.

4. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I have two new BG's to add later tonight, as well as mass updates across the board! Stay tuned lovelies!

Sirius likes this.
  5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Thread UPDATED!!!! With a new BG (ill post another BG tomorrow I still have to edit it a bit)
    BUDGET BG's HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO BE MORE..... BUDGET....E......

6. Chester

Chester The King of Potatoes

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Your average nora cost is @ 77; but for the most part some of the units you've selected so far are nice (Dugon/Page/Fiorn/Rage/Aurora Sunmage/Lancer/Experimental) build off that, and try and include some cheaper units to bring that average down to 70-65

8. Chester

So, in other words, you're saying that i need a cheaper range? i did consider switching out 2 tracker and put 2 angel in, dun i have none of them atm, in addition, since i would switch out 2 tracker, arrowsinger would be a goner i guess?
    my average nora cost in that BG is 67

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Oh derp, my bad. I'd double up on Aurora Sunmages(in place of Tracker) if you're running a Lancer. Drop the second tracker for a Carnivorous Vines. (That's what I'd do)

10. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

i love the skyshear. I think there should be one in every beast bg. The harrassment he provides is great early to stall for reinforcements or during the mid game where he can gor the side font quickly cause of intiati e

11. Chester

how do you value Carnivorous Vines? i used it before but it seems not working for me, what would be the right way to use it?

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Use it as a lockdown (multiple applications - Range lockdown for your melee units - Melee lockdown for your ranged units - Nora burn, if you know your opponent can cleanse it but has to waste nora doing so. Most cleanses are well over Carn Vines 25N price tag so it's always worth it. - Reclaim secure, use it on a unit that's within reclaims radius (usually the second tile in an AoE 2) - Escape from engadges for 1ap, which basically makes it like a pseudo retreat since it breaks the engaged clause.)

13. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Don't forget super pro plays like dodging out of (opportunistic) assault damage.

Karmavore likes this.
  14. Garr123

Garr123 I need me some PIE!

Am I missing some dopesick tricks with hibernate, because the frequency with which I use it makes it feel like a 4 nora sandbag.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
  15. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Karmavore likes this.
  16. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Update the Aurora BG a little bit after some playtesting:

https://poxbase.com/deck/ClICzvCoxCp4c54CluC3ACgnS4Ms7s1-s7Ws2tr3Nr2zrUE3be2Fe2ue29eM

Rating 7/10

Description:
    This is an Aurora BG, so it's all about blinding, illuminating and using lightseeker to kill off targets.
    It's pretty hard to master in my opinion, but it's awesome fun.

Strengths:
    - There is a solution for almost anything they throw at you.
    - You have a lot of CC.
    - High DEF champions just become funny.
    - Easy to get close to the enemy.
    - Extra nora gen from illuminate.
    - Losing a font is recoverable fairly easily.

Weaknesses:
    - Your early game can be hard.
    - Except for the CC not a lot of ways to protect yourself.
    - Any and all forms of cleanse will mess you up.

Upgrades I run and why:
    Aurora Lancer: blessed, majestic (I like to get some HP back, lightseeker + majestic is great).
    Aurora Sunmage: blind, illuminate (I like to choose who I'm blinding even if it means less blinding in total, illuminate for easy lightseeker procs and noragen, swap wouldn't be a bad choice either, but I've played with both and prefered illuminate).
    Bowmage: strike, illuminate (strike is just because I wanted to keep him cheap the other 2 upgrades are definitely not bad, illuminate for easy light, illuminate for easy lightseeker procs and noragen).
    Condor Fury: init 1, loyalty (init 1 to keep him cheap, loyalty because I prefer it over the other options, although the other options are decent too).
    Elven Artisan: mason 1, shatter (cheapest, only option).
    Elven Vindicator: dodge 1, punish (cheaper, punish + carnivorous vines is awesome and with illuminate there is no real need for sunder).
    Lifegiver: nature's blessing 1, transfer life 2 (in my opinion this is the most cost effective build).
    Sun Blossom: detection 2, burn (I like detection 2, burn is there because it really improves the dmg potential of Sun Blossom and I preferred it most, the other upgrades are all decent as well).

Combos (I feel like I forgot to list a few):
    Carn Vines + attack of Elven Vindicator next turn = nice extra dmg from punish.
    Carn Vines + solar flare from Aurora Sunmage = 18 damage.
    Condor Fury + Aurora Lance = nice dmg and makes it very easy to proc quest: kill enemy.
    Covenant + any enemy with just 1 spot out of double tap range of one of your Elfs = double tap anyways.
    Lightseeker champ but no illuminating/blinding champs -> Aurora banner + lightseeker to go get that kill.
    Sun Blossom + Frostcall Quiver = a fair amount of dotting power.

Why do you run X (I do believe most runes speak for themselves, but some might be questionable):
    - Dreambox: locks down relic cleanse.
    - Shimmering Flower: locks down champions cleanse.
    - Frostcall Quiver: alt dmg + very nice on Sun Blossom.
    - Withering Fern: annoying champ that I want to one turn easily later, perseverance counter, fixing my miscalculations, hehe!

What changes would you guys made?
    Do you have other questions about this BG?

Feel free to let me know!

Cheers,

Josh753

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
    Tweek516 and Sirius like this.
  17. Garuda51

Garuda51 Well-Known Member

Hi, very nice Angel BG, I only miss Fan Faire, Grimlic and Harb, do you think I can replace them ? Ty

18. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Easily yes.
    Grimthir for Menalaus
    Harby for Arrowsinger OR Elven Archer OR Elven Prodigy OR Aurora Sunmage
    Fan Faire is a tricky one, but more or less any spell that fits your needs, some worthy include beings - Bullseye - Balancing Act - OR if you're good on spells - A note-able relic - Ctharsis Bloom - Some equips worth mentioning - SkyStorm Spear - Hunters Charm

19. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Once the expansion hits I'll be doing some work to get this thread alive and well again. I have a bit more time for pox if you've noticed me in game more, recently. So hopefully I can get off my lazy ass and make this thread relative to the current game. Please bare with me, as I'm only human! :)

20. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Karmavore. I like you dude, but I am not getting naked with you.

Karmavore, Tweek516 and fattyy2k like this.