Black Lives Matter are defending murderers and drug dealers.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Heart, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

profhulk likes this.
  2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/crimestats

profhulk and Geressen like this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its not that simple at all and unless you're a minority your probably going to have a poor understanding of black lives matter and are going to get most of your information about it from your own circle and media who probably arent minorities either.

to alot of non whites alot of US government officials, law enforcement, and american soldiers are murderers. depends on your perspective.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  4. Heart

Heart I need me some PIE!

I am a low - income person living on the border of the North side of Saint Louis. Ferguson is 20 minutes away from my house. More often than not I am the only white person in the room. It doesn't bother me, but it is fact. I think I have a very clear understanding.

newsbuff likes this.
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this is called a haunting. you are a ghost.

Heart likes this.
  6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Here comes another racist saying that all Ghosts are White.

Haven't you ever watched Ghost Busters? There are clearly Green Ghosts out there in the world.

Tweek516, Heart and Geressen like this.
  7. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So I read an article this morning about a study done on the Chicago PD and whether or not they are targetting more Black people than others. According to the study, which IIRC asserts roughly even distribution in Chicago of Whites, Latinos, and African Americans, more than 70% of CPD shooting victims were Black. More than 70% of investigative Street Stops that did NOT result in an arrest were Black. More than 60% of all car pullovers were Black.

This is telling data. It certainly appears that Blacks are being targeted more by Police in Chicago, specifically, especially given their relative population.

Unfortunately, what it again doesn't tell us, is how justified or unjustified this is. The most damning part, "Investigative Street Stops that did not result in an arrest" includes at least some of the actually necessary data to determine things here. It specifies, in essence "innocent" (at least as determined at the time) people.

The other stats do not.

As I understand it, though I do not have figures, most of the violent crime in recent history (at least not by cops) in Chicago have been done by the Black population, parts of gang wars and the like. I don't have solid data on that at the moment however.

Personally, I'm inclined to believe there probably has been a problem in Chicago, with undue targeting based on racial profiling and possibly outright racism (not that there's a huge amount of difference mind).

But this is still an example of how some missing contextual data leaves questions, and where filling in that data can help clarify these statistics which are thrown around.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the drug war is a war against blacks and latinos waged by some right wing politicians, law enforcement, and the prison industrial complex.

It's almost like a different form of slavery, they are imprisoning minorities with laws they create to make profit off of them and to disrupt their communities. This has been going on probably since the end of slavery in 1 way or another.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

What, they are forced into drugs, and thus creating anti drug laws is racist?

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no, the drug laws themselves and the justice system targets minorities, especially poor minorities.(in an attempt to make profit off of their incarceration and to purposefully damage their communities)

SaintKiwi likes this.
  11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Drug laws target drug users and dealers. While the police may selectively target minorities, or prosecution choose to pursue harsher penalties, that is not a problem with the laws. Avoiding drugs completely will stop the imprisonment for drug crimes.

profhulk likes this.
  12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Also the UN. It's based on UN policy/drug classifications after all. (Of course some left wing politicians have been in favor of the "War on Drugs" as well, but that's hardly important beyond the mention.)

Laws no, elements of the system, maybe. Even so, the people that actually force people to take or sell drugs are mostly part of the same demographic. For those that have a choice, that's on them.

*Note: I still think the so-called "War on Drugs" is a farce and should be ended.

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

no, the laws target minorities as well. certain drugs favored more by minorities carry much heavier sentences than their white counterparts.

cocaine vs crack cocaine for example.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Since when does the US follow UN guidelines??? If that were the case, im pretty sure this wouldnt even be an issue in the first place...

Every race of people use and sell drugs, the difference is minorities have their lives and communities destroyed by the justice system and the "war on drugs"

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    SaintKiwi likes this.
  15. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_Convention_on_Narcotic_Drugs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Drugs (In particular: "This initiative includes a set of drug policies that are intended to discourage the production, distribution, and consumption of psychoactive drugs that the participating governments and the UN have made illegal." )

What makes you say that?

Question, I honestly don't know the answer: Is Crack Cocain preferred over "regular" Cocain by poor minorities due to chemistry and genetics, or is it preferred because it's cheaper? Or even a cultural thing?

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the cost and cultural reasons, its not used as much anymore but you get punished far more harshly for crimes associated with the crack version of cocaine compared to the powder version.

SaintKiwi likes this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

SaintKiwi likes this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

BLM has marginalized itself by failing to control its image and direction. It has no clear leadership, it has no membership process, no organization, no structure, no clear objectives. All anyone PERCEIVES BLM to be is black people holding signs and yelling about black people who got shot/were arrested.

Thats it.

All they've accomplished is being loud black people.

And this is fine, its their right to act in this manner. So long as they are happy with never accomplishing anything at all, job well done.

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

idk what theyve done or havent done or even too much about the organization but what I can say is that the last part of your comment is pretty racist and makes you look bad.

being a racist and stereotyping the hundreds or thousands of people in a organization or movement like that is worse than being a "loud black person"

20. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

don't criticize people with dark skin or you're a racist

p. much obama's entire presidency summed up in one post