Blackblade Baron Remake(NERF)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

Blackblade Baron
    NOW:
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 10
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 2
    • HP: 51
    • Race: Undead, Skeleton
    • Class: Knight
    • Base cost:75
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Physical This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Sapping Armor When this champion is successfully attacked by a basic attack, the attacking champion loses 3 AP.
      • [​IMG] Gravebind When an opposing real champion within 5 spaces is destroyed, a Grave Warrior without upgrades is summoned adjacent to this unit.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • (8) [​IMG] Surge: Skeleton 1 This unit has +1 DMG for each friendly Skeleton.
        • (4) [​IMG] Command: Charge All friendly champions within 3 spaces gain Charge 3 for 1 turn.
        • (3) [​IMG] Consume Sacrifice target owned adjacent champion and this champion is healed for the amount equal to the destroyed champion's current HP.
      • 2 :
        • (8) [​IMG] Stat Bonus: Speed 1 This champion gains +1 SPD.
        • (8) [​IMG] Dictate Target friendly non-Illusion champion within 3 spaces loses 5 HP and this champion permanently gains +1 DMG and 2 AP. This ability begins on CD.
        • (8) [​IMG] Vivify When a friendly champion within 3 spaces that shares a race with this champion makes a successful basic attack, this champion gains 1 AP.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW:
    Blackblade Baron
    • [​IMG]
    • DMG: 10
    • SPD: 6
    • RNG: 1-1
    • DEF: 2
    • HP: 45
    • Race: Undead, Skeleton
    • Class: Knight
    • Base cost:~76-81
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Attack: Physical This unit makes a Physical attack at its range. This is a basic attack.
      • [​IMG] Dictate Target friendly non-Illusion champion within 3 spaces loses 5 HP and this champion permanently gains +1 DMG and 2 AP. This ability begins on CD.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Gravebind When an opposing real champion within 5 spaces is destroyed, a Grave Warrior without upgrades is summoned adjacent to this unit.
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Take Prisoner Target enemy champion within 3 spaces with 15 or less current HP is Possessed. That champion has Careless and Bodyguard while Possessed.
        • [​IMG] Bulwark When this champion is deployed from the runedock, it permanently gains +2 MAX HP for each friendly champion that shares a race or class with it.
        • [​IMG] Command: Charge All friendly champions within 3 spaces gain Charge 3 for 1 turn.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. Redderrick

Currently way too tanky with the ability to dish upwards of 20 dmg per attack with 1 dead rising. Dictate with surge? Not only does this not make any sense (because you are killing your own units over time) thats way too much bonus DMG not calculated into his nora cost. The drawback? There is none... He benefits even more from killings that happen within Gravebind range so thats even more tempo gained next turn when you run behind a meat shield deployed from 5 spaces away directly into the battlefield free of charge.(Meanwhile were supposed to kill the baron? How?). Sapping Armor makes him way too tanky (I've NEVER seen this champion be killed from combat without massive nora investments and I play EVERYDAY)within a theme that has a +10 MAXHP global buff. Not to mention he already has good DEF. All in all, currently it takes no skill to play this champion and takes the skill out of playing his theme when he is carrying it with even more bonus DMG from the just as effecient Bone Circle Archmage. Skeletons are utter cancer to play against ATM

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  3. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

He really isn't that hard to kill, there are ways to play around Sapping Armor and calling 2 def high is a joke. That whole argument is filled with inaccuracies and exaggerations.

bobobugreports likes this.
  4. Redderrick

Soooo, are you are trying to convenience me that he is fine the way that he is and doesn't need to be adjusted or what? And i said he has good DEF... 2 DEF is higher than the average base DEF of all champions in Pox Nora... I know this because I am a turbo nerd with spreadsheets.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  5. potatonuts

As a starting stat yes it is but when you get in game certain factions or themes bump their stats up way past 2 with very little effort. Without some other kind of damage mitigation 2def isn't enough to consider something tanky.

It seems like your problem is with Sapping Armor, which I can understand as it is a really annoying ability. It wouldn't be unreasonable to me to just nerf that ability, maybe reduce the AP it removes or increase it's cost.

6. Redderrick

He has 10 base damage and dictate... Giving him tank coverage while having high DMG scaling abilities is the problem because that means he is the entire frontline... and how is that fair? Think of how much Stats he generates from gravebind alone.

7. potatonuts

It's fair because as you stated those are scaling abilities which require further investment and time in order to take advantage of, it isn't as strong as you make out and there are other combos in the game which can generate more damage for less investment.

He is far from tanky enough to be the 'entire frontline', you're just exaggerating again. Any half baked attempt at a powerturn is usually enough to kill him.

Gravebind generates very few summons, it only triggers if you can kill an enemy champion and they're really weak. Compared to the other sources of summon generation that skeletons have Gravebind is a mere drop in the bucket.

8. Redderrick

Absolutly not, with sapping armor he can only be hit once per unit not to mention his MAXHP pool is currently 61... No one is doing 61 damage to a 3 DEF unit within FW with spell counters... hes just too easy to play because he offers too much. And 2 wrongs dont make a right... just because something has the potential to be far more OP isnt justification at all... If I played any other faction i'd be suggesting reworks (buffs and nerfs) just as i am now, it's nothing personal. There are so many cards in this game poeple dont even look at anymore because their roles are too niche. People literally log in and play the same BG everyday. Fun and interactive, I know.

9. potatonuts

There is no point discussing this when you are so detached from the reality of it, every reply you make is exaggerated to the point where it can't be considered objective and you come across more biased each time.

10. Redderrick

Or... your argument about him being too efficient for his cost is invalid

11. potatonuts

I'd love to see you attempt to explain why, all you do is repeat the same nonsense over and over.

12. Redderrick

When you forget your aurguments are invalid:

Question: Is this champion balanced?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: I think he is undercosted and has too much to offer for his kit. *Then explains in detail why*

Potatohead: "He really isn't that hard to kill, there are ways to play around Sapping Armor and calling 2 def high is a joke(even though i said he has ok base defence not, 2 is high). That whole argument is filled with inaccuracies and exaggerations."
    Live audience: ???

13. potatonuts

What is that supposed to be?

14. Redderrick

Dialog from a TV game show maybe? IDK use your imagination...

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Look, level whatever arguments you want to level, but don't act like other people agree with you.

16. Redderrick

I never said anyone else agreed with me, it was a creative bit...Nor am I wrong.
    Think about this:

How many champions of equal cost of Blackblade Baron it takes to kill Blackblade Baron in 2 or less rounds ATM, cause it sure isn't 1.

VS

How many champions of equal cost of Blackblade Baron can Blackblade Baron kill ATM in 2 or less rounds, cause it sure is more than 1.

17. potatonuts

Can i reply now or are you going to edit that a few more times?

18. Redderrick

Yeah sure but the argument is over at this point, you lost.
    Sorry dude.

*edit*
    And your premise is that revision is a bad thing?
    *edit*
    *edit*
    *edit*
    *edit*
    lol, nice.
    edit*

19. potatonuts

Getting awfully snippy aren't you, guess i hit a nerve.

This argument about how many champions it can take to kill him is just stupid, there is far too much variety in the game to be able to dumb it down into something that simple. Every game is subjective.

20. Redderrick

When you forget your aurguments are invalid(Part2):

Question: How does this champion's capabilities scale with his nora cost?
    Me: Greater than most. *Gives Logic*

Potatohead: "This argument about how many champions it can take to kill him is just stupid, there is far too much variety in the game to be able to dumb it down into something that simple. Every game is subjective."
    Live audience: ???