Blacklabel Brew

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by darklord48, Aug 13, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I've noticed that Blacklabel Brew doesn't get much love. I tried it yesterday, and I think it is great. I put it on a dwarven hooligan, then started using carouse to give BLB to a bunch of my other dwarves. If carouse didn't multiply the number of BLB, then I could understand the hate.

Dwarven Brutes get +1 Damage, +1 Def, +1 Tough, and +14 HP. I think the extra 4 HP and tough on multiple champs is worth the slot, even if only 1x. Since there is no cooldown on Carouse, you can hand out 3 BLB in one round, making it easy to build up your forces.

http://poxbase.com/deck/C8QCPCh7CtdC4KC3WC5mCgaSuS7HS6MSPS5VS2dE1y is what I came up with initially. Please let me know what you think. I have everything except a second brewmaster, so if there are suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

I do mostly single player, but I welcome suggestions for PvP also since others may be considering a similar deck.

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That spell lineup is p bad. I'm not a fan of thugs personally. I'd run one BLB and 2 tac mans. Needs banner + 1 relic. Needs Hammerstrike and a baneblast. No reason not to use a PoV and Silvs.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I agree with you about the thugs. I replaced them with Brawlers. I've played with thugs a couple times, and even when they have a BLB equipped and are benefiting from enraged they don't hit as hard as the rest of the champs.

I updated the spell list with your suggestions. I removed one Brewmaster for PoV since I don't have 2, and replaced one Nightwatch with a Silverclan Tinker.

http://poxbase.com/deck/c8QCh7CtdC4KC8mC3Wc5mc1tCgacfgs5Xsusls7Hs6MsPs5VS2drirYe1yE3i

4. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Also, since Colossal is an issue to Dwarf BGs, I'd change either a Brawler or Nightwatch for Stoneskin Dwarf with Hunter:Giant.

5. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Hunter Giant doesn't get past Colossal, it just helps reduce the benefit. I thought about including a Griffin Rider with Bastion of Mobility, that would allow me to move more freely around in combat and would give me a 2x2 for fighting against colossal champs.

6. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

You're right, Griffin Rider is a excellent choice, his cost is what frightens me. With Barrage 1 it doesn't do enough, with Barrage 3 becomes a tempo hit.
    That's why I suggested Stoneskin, he is not meant to kill the colossal champ, just tank it long enough to let others do the job. Defiant and sunder help a lot in dealing with tanks, as they usually deal physical damage.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I see what you're saying, of the champs with Colossal, all except Fire Giant and Myx Broodlord have a physical attack, so you're getting Hunter: Giant and Defiant to allow better tanking.

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I have been running 1 LE thug with Tough 1 and Resilient in my drunk deck just for double dropping first turn. I had a game the other day where I deployed him on second turn (Brewmaster first turn) equipped him with a BLB via carouse and shipped him off to a side font. Bugger had 65 HP, 2 Def, Tough 2 and Resilient. He won a brawl for a side font, mad his way to the mid font and by this point had Tales of Valor and the opponent could barely damage him. For 49 nora its pretty hard to beat.

That said I will almost never deploy him unless its first or second round.