Bleed BG?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by fattyy2k, Jul 4, 2014.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

SO i am considering building a bleed BG but is it a viable theme to build around? I am inexperienced with UD. help?

2. Glad0

Glad0 I need me some PIE!

2x redcap twin 2x korona 2x Bloodguard 2x masochist ? Idk I don't play UD but those runes seem good . Especially since korona got a change recently

EDIT: 2x bok mistress , they're OP

3. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

To be honest, a full bleed BG is difficult to build right now. Too many of the good bleed runes have become quite expensive Nora wise.

Instead I would go for a demon BG with a bleed module in it. There are some options you can use then and the demons in your BG can profit from the bloodballs left by your bleed champs.

Runes you might consider for a bleed module are: Hekatian Arbiter, Angels, Sheoul Magus, Bloodletter, Demonvein Vampyre and the champs mentioned above by Glad0.

4. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Bleed runes were butchered. I definitely would hold it on designed a Bleed BG until some get looked at.
    If you want to go with the FW split, maybe you'll definitely have more success.

5. fattyy2k

how would i do the split? (fw is my main faction)

6. enkiadu

enkiadu New Member

I tried to suggest a cheapo bg on PoxBase, the one I enjoyed playing, but I realize it is waaay dated. However, it contained

2x Archfiends (ally UD for 17 dmg with life siphon base, plus frightful blows)
    2x Bloodtrackers (lost some of melee tankyness but can scythe whirl every turn for evasive 3)
    2x Elder Bloodbinders (not a swiss-knife it was, doubles the Vampiric Heal*, psy damage)
    2x Soulbleeders (went to 90n but I guess still worth it)

That was a core of it, in some iteration it had a deep wounds subset (Hraken, Grundle Alpha, Rip Witch), in some there were Seekers of Blood and Blood Banshie iirc. It was a life siphon bg but bleed was there anyway. I gave it a whirl in few dailies since the revamp but it seems that Vamp Healing is capped at 70% or so, and now you have to decide on basically every champ if you want life siphon OR bleed OR lifedrinker. I believe it can still work, especially if you spice it with Demonveins and Bloodbinder Count or two. I would give it more attention because it's my all-time favored deck, but I have a blast with minos right now, so vamps are on wait :)

7. fattyy2k

8. enkiadu

enkiadu New Member

To me, it seems very solid, especially the champions. I don't quite get Altar of Votaev though - champs are on the expensive side (80 n on average), plus they are geared towards staying alive, plus not all of them will benefit from it. I would probably take another approach - put Globe of Deception instead. So you deny nora to both, but have more balls and they're stronger. Hopefully some of the better players can comment on this.

Seems like there's no shatter - which might work, but - also, no Ret or Sac?

9. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Bloodletters x2, Redcap Twins x2, Korona if you have her, Bok Mistress x2, Demonvein x2. Blood Rain x1, Grief Fountain x1, Orb of Protection x1, Shatter x1, Sacrifice x1, Widowmaker for Korona, Mandate of Sheoul for Demonveins and burst damage. Bam. There's your UD half of the BG with a few FWUD split runes to boot.

Something like this, I guess. I just threw it together without much thought; I haven't tried a UD/FW Bleed split since the revamp...
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/Cwdcd4c5MCaoCuOCpLCoOckMC7DS6Zs4@s7Fs8fsns7GsAsDr2ir2Pr20Exe1o

10. fattyy2k

11. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

I found that bleed/vamp FW/UD bgs don't work as well after the revamp. I used to play it all the time pre revamp and it was alright since the champs themselves were pretty strong. Since several of them got nerfed like magus losing ranged and demonvein losing multiattack the theme felt extremely weak.

12. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Lose Chain Lightning for another Cursed Blade. Running two is almost always a good thing when you are mostly melee, IMO.

Globe of Deception is awful for UD/FW because it's kind've expensive and you will want nora globes. You'll be generating a lot of blood balls, anyhow. You won't need an extra one whenever a champ dies. Swap it out for Mandate from Sheoul for surprise damage bursts.

Arbiter is, unfortunately, bad now. She's just too expensive and she doesn't bring enough to the table to justify the cost. Maybe that will change down the line, but for now, swap out both for 1 more bloodletter and a Sheoul Magus with Life Siphon for the upgrade.

I would suggest losing Demolish for Fading Recollection. I have literally never run a single UD or split UD BG without Fade since it was released, and I probably never will. Ever.

Just suggestions, all, but I think you'll do well. You don't need Korona. She's super-good, but so are a lot of other units you do have. Good luck. :)

13. fattyy2k

which font bonus do i want? i prefer fw i think, but what do you think?

14. Sunutsu

Sunutsu I need me some PIE!

choose FW. I was told that was more useful since your opponent won't be able to cast spells in your font zone.

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

UD bonus is nothing to scoff at, though, no stealth caps.

16. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

UD bonus is solid, but still not as good as FW font bonus, all said.

SPiEkY likes this.
  17. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Underdepths doesn't win games by fighting over fonts. Fonts are just a pause between tasks to us.

18. fattyy2k

Ok so my playtesting says yes fw zone for sure. And arbiter has always pulled her weight. Gave her hekation beer and she was hitting for like 32 damage. Definitely took out the orb of deception. and a single anathema was removed in favor of chain lightning. I needed aoe damage and that was the answer.

19. fattyy2k

Also you were right about the double blades. They have been invaluable to prevent big threats from tearing me apart

20. fattyy2k