Blood Bowl 2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Tarth, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

A while ago we tried to have a Pox blood bowl league. However, due to the limits of the game we were not really able to do what we wanted at the time. Now that blood bowl 2 is coming out next month and it has enhanced league options we should be able to finally get down to some death inducing fantasy football for anyone interested.

Now for those of you who do now know. Blood Bowl is a Warhammer off shoot where the races play American football (Grid Iron Football) against each other in a turn based, dice based system of risk vs reward. Blood Bowl 2 only has 8 teams ( 9 if you pre order with more to come out as stand alone race DLC) so at the start the options are limited compared to chaos edition of BB 1 having around 32.

Each race is unique in its roster and its strength and weaknesses that relate to how it plays. ranging from Chaos being a kill first and score second team to wood elfs being all about that long throw. Players get xp for scoring or hurting other players as well as making passes and the like which they cash in for race/positional specific abilities/upgrades. Players can also get hurt, die, and grow old forcing a retire. So their is a constant influx of new vs experienced players. Teams also cheat, with fans throwing a one off spells ( race specific) bribing the refs, fouling, taking potion based steroids and so on. So their is a lot going on in a blood bowl league that you can take part in.

The league would be best on PC so most people here could play it but there is also PS4 and Xbox support I think. I am not sure about cross platform multi player though.

Here is the link to the home page: http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/en/bloodbowl2

If anyone is unsure or has blood bowl 1 and would like to do some test games I would be happy to play a few against you and even start a league there for practice. I am unsure if they have changed the options in BB1 to allow us to form a tourney type format but I know BB 2 you can.

2. SkeletonKing

SkeletonKing The King of Potatoes

I do love BloodBowl (I used to play the Chaos Edition a bunch).
    Not so sure I'm gonna get the second one anytime soon though, looks like more of the same, and the first is still totally playable.

Actually, the aging system sounds like it makes the second version worse than the first.