Blood Dispersal Change

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by Daerthalus, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Blood Dispersal (+12 Nora)
    When this champion successfully damages a Bloodied champion with a basic attack, friendly champions within 6 spaces of it are healed for the same amount, divided evenly among damaged champions, to a minimum of 1 and a maximum 8.

While myself and other players feel this ability is overcosted, and should be reduced my change request is not for that.

CHANGE: Add the word, vampiric heal to fit the bleed theme.
    When this champion successfully damages a Bloodied champion with a basic attack, friendly champions within 6 spaces of it vampiric heal for the same amount, divided evenly among damaged champions, to a minimum of 1 and a maximum 8.

Karamasov likes this.
  2. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

sorry, but can you explain the difference in game play?

3. Daerthalus

Currently Life Siphon, Lifedrinker, Bleed etc all trigger vampiric heals. It makes sense for a bleed based effect that heals to also use the same type of healing.

In terms of the effect on game play atm there are few things that reference "vampiric healing". The only one I can think of is the Elder Bloodbinder, but clearly the dev intend to do something with "vampiric healing" since they invented the keyword in the revamp. I just want some consistancy between keywords and this seems to make a lot of sense. I also wouldn't mind being able to double the effect of Blood Dispersal via Greater Vampirism.

IMO they will likely be creating a UD equip/relic/champ an ability triggering off vampiric heals in the future.

Lets just get the change out of the way now, b4 future runes make this change too difficult to balance. Its always easier to balance a future ability when you know exactly how it will interact with existing abilities. At the moment, the change is not too strong, and if they make it now, when they make the a new vampiric heal related ability they will already know that Blood Dispersal interacts with it.

Heck, with a 12 nora price tag on the ability I don't think i'm asking for too much here.

4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It looks like it should be a vampiric heal, I assume it was just an oversight that it wasnt tagged as one.

I'll let senshu know.

Karamasov likes this.
  5. illminded

illminded Well-Known Member

it would be nice since elder bloodbinder increase vampire heal 50%

6. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

so now non demons can't heal if it vampire heal?

7. Daerthalus

Vampiric Heal is not restricted to only healing Vampires or demons. There is no difference between a Vampiric Heal and a Normal Heal in terms of how much healing it does. Healing 10 or Vampiric Healing 10 is mechanically the same. The only difference is that Vampiric Heals usually revolve around having to deal damage or kill something to trigger it and can be modified by things that modify Vampric Healing (aka Greater Vampirism).