Blood Exchange — best UD healing option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fogandsteel, May 21, 2017.

1. fogandsteel

fogandsteel I need me some PIE!

Only recently started to use this spell. It's amazing. I now run it x2.

[​IMG]

The best part is that it has no limit on distance between the two champs. In the last game playing UD/KF deck, I had Vothsair Ireguard with very little HP left far away in the field and not in my spell casting zone. I deployed Aspect of Life, cast on her Blood Exchange, then had her heal herself to full health in the next turn. Insta-heal for tons of HP and only 25 Nora.

In general, you can use it on any less valuable unit to boost HP of a more valuable unit.

Edit: In splits, there might be not enough room for x2, but in FF UD, I think x2 is a viable option.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    Netherzen likes this.
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Used to run it in all my ud bgs with the 60 health imp as my sacrifice, the imp also had a death nova so he was the perfect scape goat.

3. fogandsteel

What is this 60 HP imp you are talking about? 2v2 99-Nora-cost Vothsair Ireguard has only 52. It's a joke. He is so squishy.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Altered Lemure, probably. Has like 55 hp with banner out or something. Should be auto, but people don't know how to analyze runes very well.

5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Again, your view is biased because of the BG you play. The rune is okay, no more, no less.

6. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Please stop posting about your deck.

7. fogandsteel

I would post about your deck, but I don't know what runes you play.

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I lol'd

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Yo stay out of IS. I don't need you leaking my secret stuff.

DiCEM0nEY, Etherielin and fogandsteel like this.
  10. fogandsteel

I made posts about Bane Shift and Blood Exchange, because, as a UD player, I was given to understand that our faction had no good cleanse and healing options. And I had had this misconception for 2.5 years until I recently tried to run these two runes. I feel like it's a big deal: this somewhat erroneous image that was and perhaps is still promoted about the UD faction. In fact, one of the main reasons I switched to playing UD/KF was that KF had Cleansing Emerald. But now I am considering playing FF UD again. I have no intention to post about every single UD rune in the forums, but these two, I think, deserve to be mentioned.

Woffleet likes this.
  11. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Lemure before his nerf had like 60 base health and 2 death novas I believe, granted this was a while ago but he was my blood exchange and masochist target.

Lemure is still a boss and extremely cheap for his health/Nora ratio.

fogandsteel likes this.
  12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Evicerating winds

13. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I've actually seen the healing rune in play, it is strong. In general, UD is pretty powerful.

14. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

shhh dont tell @Markoth about Eroding Winds, he will be unstoppable if he starts to run them also.

15. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Might be worth trying in stitched bg with stitched first.

fogandsteel likes this.
  16. fogandsteel

This is a cool idea. Could be viable even outside stitched theme.

17. Tweek516

Does it still work with enslave?

18. fogandsteel

I couldn't use it on a possessed champion if that's what you are asking.

19. Tweek516

Ah they fixed that then. Good.