Blood Magic Abuse

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by darklord48, Jul 21, 2014.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

http://poxbase.com/deck/CwdC5tCoOCdPCfNCg=CuAC1lS2=SnS86S7GSAs5pr3TEq

This deck is designed around abusing Blood Magic for 1 AP every other turn. I don't have everything here yet, but I'm running something similar in PvE. I've noticed that I deal the most damage on turns that I can spam blood magic, often dealing 24+ damage to all champs within range. Being able to do that every other turn is really effective. I figure this deck would work even better since I'd have more sources of Blood Magic. My current deck I only have Vampyre, Elder Bloodbinder, and Seeker of Blood able to use the ability. I'm still leveling others, and I don't have the exotics.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. MakarovJAC

MakarovJAC I need me some PIE!

Interesting, what would you recommend instead of Korona? I have everything, except for them.

Also, uhm...what build do you pick for each champion? Dude, have you ever tried your current version at PvP? Man, just skimming through, I know you will have problems with spells, and relics. Also, most of these champions are expensive, nora speaking. I did have to try it out in PvP, but experience has told me this is going to have a hard time against 1hp beaters. And remember the Vamps will have to look for themselves while BM is on CD.

Oh dear, I'll have to try it out. Maybe all it needs is AP, and screw debuff safety.

3. Ginx

Ginx Member

Glancing at this BG I would say that it could use some dmg/control spells. Such as aoes from maddening echoes, fire blast, or retribution and other such spells. Right now it is too focused on hitting things with execution order x2 and the sac daggers x2. In PvP the valuable champs will be moved away from you if they are in danger (even more true if they are ranged) and as such not having a way to kill champs that have 5 or so hp outside of running up to it and hitting it/ using blood magic. And with only 4 champs that have decent range this will be hard.

So the things that can be changed imo:

Hekatian Arbiter: either both or 1 of them. They are waaay too squishy to use. I have 2x of them, and really wanted to use them, but as melee they don't stay alive for long. Perhaps keep one, and with bloodlust and throw axe try it since most champs will bloodied anyways.

Execution order: I also tried it before, but was underwhelmed with 2x mobilization you don't need 2x of these anyways.

Vampirism: Sounds like a bad ideal. Also, I think bloodbinder count buffs all vamp healing friendly and otherwise so yeah.

Sac dagger: One is good enough

Head: Why? If you want fire dmg/font contesting fire gem works like a charm

I would toss in a masochism and maddening echoes x2. Perhaps a crest. Nice combo for you: cast masochism on Magus. clump champs together onto enemy champ(s) cast maddening echoes. Magus will drop to 1 hp (perseverance), gain max ap, and at least +20ish dmg depending on the number of champs hit by this. Then crush whatever is still alive, sac dagger or life siphon him back to full hp.

hope at least some of this helps

P.S. Need more range x.x

OriginalG1 likes this.
  4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Mobilize and execution order are the core spells for positioning. With 6 speed, I can move 9 spaces with mobilize or 8 with execution order and still have 1ap for blood magic. Last night in pve I was able to use 5 blood magic at the same time, on a group just hit by rain of blood. That is 40 damage plus charred.

5. Ginx

Ginx Member

Yes but over 1/2 of your champs don't benefit from execution order (or shouldn't) since it says that it effects melee champs that you control. Also, there is little to no way that you will have 5 champs on the board at the same time within range of a "group" of enemies in PvP. The champs in bloodied bgs are normally tanky only if they are hitting things with life siphon or if there is a demon shield sitting on one of them vs a mostly ranged group. And there is even less chance that you will be able to get 2-3 champs in range of a weekend ranged unit to use blood magic and kill it. And even if you do most likely those 2-3 champs will be in no mans land. Again this is all for PvP, but if this is working out for you in PvE and you are ok with PvE wins that's great. But I am not so sure it will work out so well in ranked since there is not enough sources to finish off weakened enemies at range, etc.

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

You're right, only 6 champs would benefit from execution order. I had the Arbiter in there to be an additional source of bloodied and for bloodlust. I can take out Arbiters and put in a support champ with Invigorate, like Cleric of Unrest. I haven't played UD since Drums of War release, so I don't know their runes well.

http://poxbase.com/deck/CwdCpC5tCoOCdPCg=CuAC1lS4IS2Hs7dSnS86S7GSAeq

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

For most of them, blood magic is an upgrade. If I can get bleed and blood magic both, I do that, then I don't have to waste one blood magic to cause bloodied. The link I have above I added Despoil to create dead magic zones to protect my champs if I'm worried about spells.

8. Ginx

Ginx Member

http://poxbase.com/deck/cwdcg_cj0cpLCoOcfNcw+cg=cg-CuAc76C1lCjZs2lS2Hs8fs7dSnsOsAr3orTr2ir20

Here is something close to the BG I ran for a very similar theme. I tweaked it so instead of life siphon being the thing that I focused on I tried to copy your focus on blood magic. Granted this was made with the runes I have available to me and not the ideal ones. Guardian = tank which can benefit from life siphon and the buff from the elder blood binder (it did ok for me. Not great, but did decently well before I moved up to the rare league). Deep Elf Infiltrator is awesome with paralyze, call of the hunted, stealth, and either shadow shift or hit and run. Allowing your champs to move more in unexpected ways. It can also stop champs from running away with paralyze. Demonvein is ok-ish. Was nerfed so is kinda lackluster now. One Hekatian Arbiter because throw axe does work with blood hunter so yeah fun (that and it is one of the coolest looking runes I've seen recently). Imp Alc, dmg and movement. Shadestriker for the alt dmg, create dmz and distract. Can be swapped out for the the seeker of blood. Soul collector, bad as melee, but eats nora globes and can cause bloodied and more dmz. x2 Whisperghast for alt range dmg, distract and creation of dmz zone. Which can then be used to defend champs from spells and or relocate them. Also, if you use drain it benefits from the vampiric healing thing so more hp gain if you worry about it dying quickly (which it shouldn't if at proper range etc). Fw warbanner and greif statue for stat buff which will effect most of your champs. And although it is not a lot, it makes a difference (I was told at least. I didn't really see it for myself).

9. MakarovJAC

IMPORTANT NOTICE: GREATER VAMPIRISM NO LONGER AFFECTS LIFE SIPHON. EITHER IT IS BUGGED, OR THE DEVS MADE IT SO IT NO LONGER RECOGNIZES IT AS VAMPIRIC HEALING.

That is a weird, and expensive bg, money speaking. I think I'll try out the Blood Crest + Masochism + Magus combo. I'll try first running it x2. In general, all what Ginx said is true. I didn't wanted to write it down, but it had to be done. Thanks Ginx for your feedback, and the combo.

@darklord48 Dude, you need to play more in PvP to know what you generally need. The AI doesn't make the same moves or build humans do. Players will come up with nasty combos and exploits which will give you a hard time.

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I prefer to play PvE, with a couple kids at home, often I will have to step away mid turn. My inexperience with UD is more likely than my PvP experience as the issues with the deck, since I haven't used UD since Drums of War expansion.

11. MakarovJAC

Okay, no problem.

12. Ginx

Ginx Member

If you mean the sample bg I made its that way because of the extras I have made it that way :p you don't need blood crest for the combo, that part is built into the champ. maddening echoes is the thing that spikes his dmg and ap. And np I have a lot of free time with summer break and all...

Also, if PvE is your thing and your bg works as is, then I see no problems here :)

13. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 03.49.40.png

I'd been using this BG awhile, few months pre revamp. It's not that consistent but when it works it really works. I should probably tweak it more but I'll post it anyway..

i have no idea why bone trap is in there..