Blood Phoenix

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Dreaddoll, May 16, 2015.

1. Dreaddoll

Dreaddoll Devotee of the Blood Owl

thoughts? i want it to be good, i want to put it in my vampyre bg but it just seems too expensive... maybe dark favor 2-3? or loose bloodless so we can at least sacrifice it for a semi bomb or something...

2. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He's solid in just about anything. He's fast, he comes with free damage, and he has ranged soft CC on a short cool down. He costs a lot, but has one of the best setups for a resurrection champ FW has, so no worries.

Uruboz and Leadrz like this.
  4. Darkorona

Darkorona The King of Potatoes

I feel he is lacking something in vamps, maybe if there was an option in the path 1 of upgrades to make him more vamp oriented would make him exceptionally good in here, i wouldn't mind loosing 1 upgrade of first path for one of these: blood dispersal/blood knowledge/blood magic, that combined with bloodlust/life siphon would make him very good in vamps

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Uruboz likes this.
  5. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

Best upgrade to change will be Death Nova: Magical 3, and for add will be Blood Dispersal/Bleed IMO.

6. Darkorona

Darkorona The King of Potatoes

i would rather loose dark favor, or grace the dead. the first, since its rank 1 it does not make that much of an impact, and grace the dead it makes him cost so much for a heal that you do not control..making it easy to just kill him when the heal will not be effective. everyone i have seen run it with death nova magic, also easy to avoid but some times its just inevitable and by good positioning we can land good novas.

Uruboz likes this.
  7. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Main vamp problems:

0. long range:
    the only consistent ranged champ is bloodbow, and it's not even FW. Both elder and lamia are absolutely useless in earlygame, and surviving till endgame without range after revamp is troublesome.

1. tanks:
    no at all. Vamps are pretty much forced to start with few cheapest champs and accept losing them, or go all-in with a beater.

2. absolutely moronic midrange:
    Who the hell decided that 2-3 or 3-4 are acceptable ranges at all?

The best vamp deck is still arcticgift-creep one, it's quite good and phoenix is fine there, but other variations are terribly inconsistent.

8. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

You can eat him with ravish, which is kind of fun.

Uruboz likes this.
  9. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

Agreed, I think this would be a really good change.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Really don't think Blood Phoenix needs a change. Don't want that to be a thing in FW, like what happened with a mid-term -- any high-rarity rune that doesn't fit the community's exact specifications getting reshaped.

Uruboz likes this.
  11. Uruboz

Uruboz I need me some PIE!

If you run warlocks you can control the on dead effects, ravish them and also this is very effective agains swarm BGs.

Dark favor 1 + Festering wounds, the anti healing anti stealth combo.

Dead Nova: Magical 3 have the most burst damage setup, but its more inaccurate of all.

EDIT: Agreed, Blood Phoenix its very good right now, not top tier rune but good enought with other runes.

12. Valvaryess

Valvaryess New Member

I like it as it is, though wish it were just a touch cheaper with hex and df.