Bloodletting (Spell)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by IMAGIRL, Dec 30, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Bloodletting
    45 Nora
    Art: ???
    Flavor:
    Ritualistic Bloodletting is very common in the Underdepths. Not only against their adversaries, but amongst themselves as well.
    Effect: "Target real small champion loses 10 HP. If the target is friendly, spawn a bloodball worth 7 HP on each adjacent unoccupied space. If the target is an enemy, that champion becomes Bloodied 6 and a bloodball worth 5 HP spawns on each unoccupied adjacent space. If the HP loss kills the target, no bloodballs are spawned."

Has many uses within the Bleed theme. Possibly far too many.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    Tweek516, Ifem21 and Xirone like this.
  2. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Só, if used on ally and kills it, still make the bloodballs. But if target on enemy and kills it, doesn't, right?

3. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Correct.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Really like it, only trouble imo is that the description seems pretty long. May just be the format it's presented in, however.

5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I tried being as accurate as I could with the description. Was hoping @kalasle would pop in an see if there's rewording to be done.

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

"Target real small champion loses 10 HP. If the target is friendly, spawn a bloodball worth 7 HP on each adjacent unoccupied space. If the target is an enemy, that champion becomes Bloodied 6 and a bloodball worth 5 HP spawns on each unoccupied adjacent space."

That would be my rough rewrite -- slight mechanical change. Would need to check some other blood-ability text to be sure, spec. that Motivate relic.

7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

"Target real small champion loses 10 HP. If the target is friendly, spawn a bloodball worth 7 HP on each adjacent unoccupied space. If the target is an enemy, that champion becomes Bloodied 6 and a bloodball worth 5 HP spawns on each unoccupied adjacent space. If the HP loss kills the target, no bloodballs are spawned."

How about this?

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Seems good.

9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Cool, I'll edit the first post. Thanks for the assistance.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

11. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I like it but, I don't think it is worth having different rules for enemies and friendlies, and the on-death , and small only, clauses are unnecessary.

"Target real champion loses 10 HP and four bloodballs worth 7 HP are spawned on adjacent unoccupied spaces."

Much simpler and still has varied uses - healing friendlies and trapping enemies.

45 is too much, if it is 35 Nora it would be in line with other single targets like cauterise and mindstorm.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    IMAGIRL likes this.
  13. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I like it, could throw rend in there too