Bodyguard not working?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarathil, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

At least when IS Angel *lim* uses it. Didn't activate when used on Euan or Lim Magnus. It shows the animation, but the effect doesn't go through.

Anyone else ?

Leadrz likes this.
  2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Are you certain that you are using the ability correctly from a mechanical sense?
    • Your target must stay within range of the ability, if the target or BGer is moved, it will not function
    • If the BGer becomes stunned or paralyzed it will not function
    • If the BGer activates any attack or attack ability it will cancel the ability
    • Can it be dispelled? Not certain, I havent used a BG unit in ages.
    I forget if there are additional considerations but I bet others can expand the list if necessary.

Lastly, I'll throw in that she is not a great BG candidate because you definitely do not want her to die and since she's in the back, utilizing BG allows your opponent to damage a more forward unit with focus fire to kill her. Aerial Supremacy is a really good choice on that line of ups.

3. Tarathil

Tarathil Devotee of the Blood Owl

ugh, tested it really quick again and it worked >< Not sure why it didn't in the first time in 1 game played vs a guildy...:oops::mad:

Feel free to remove this post. I'll try to pay more attention next time, promise! :D

Leadrz likes this.
  4. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

Yes.

Just wanted to confirm that, Baskit otherwise got you all the necessary points. I think odds are you may have accidentally moved out of range or attacked with the BG unit, thus canceling the effect. It happens, make a note of it, learn from it, move on.

5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Last time I tried to dispel it with purge, it did not dispel?

6. Flyingfinn

Flyingfinn I need me some PIE!

I think the unit bodyguarding is the one which needs to be dispelled for it to be removed. Not 100% sure though