bodyguard tactic

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by IronStylus, Nov 10, 2016.

1. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Hey, there is this thing that should theoretically be broken, that is death guard + mindflayer. I've seen that valdaci shield on bodyguarding unit reduces incoming damage by half, so this should block everything, besides lol. So:
    1. does it actually work like I'm describing?
    2. does anybody play this?
    3. if not, you have time until midterm.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Why would you spend nora to keep your death guard alive though. it's only 49

3. IronStylus

oh I didn't describe it enough. It should (im not sure if it does) work like this: you equip death guard with this 25 nora mindflayer, then you bodyguard someone and death guard should recieve no damage due to combat awareness (cause it's not directed at him). I'm 99% sure it does, but I didn't test it/see

4. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Well, test it then.

And again that's 50% the cost of the champion

5. IronStylus

and no dmg to any champion for 6 turns unless dispelled.

6. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure it counts as getting redirected to the Bodyguard. My reasoning behind this is that other defensive abilities that rely on direct targeting also trigger for Bodyguarding champs.
    But test it and let us know if non-FW players have another reason to cry sweet delicious tears.

7. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I've used it, and found that combat awareness is kind of inconsistent. While the death guard takes no damage most of the time, he got hit by the damage from retribution. There are probably a lot of weird interactions like that.

And as to why you would want to keep him alive: shielding infinite damage for 75 nora is better than 50 damage for 49 nora.

Thats not to say death guard isnt good on it's own.

8. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!