Boggie hoppers

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by TheBulwark, Dec 17, 2017.

1. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Im definitely not the originator of this bg, but adaptive boghoppers is very strong as far as i can tell. I thought i could post what I have been doing well with as far as BGs are concerned. Let me know what you think :). Its pretty much nora gain and obfuscation until ur champs can one shot it all Capture.PNG

2. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Get a Pool of Dreams in there. If you plan on using a lot of spells, it's a core rune.

3. TheBulwark

Hmmm... didn't even consider that. I don't like that your champs have to be deployed so close to it, but it might be worth a shot. Not sure what I would remove currently. Maybe Morsel Spell

4. MrCharles

MrCharles The King of Potatoes

I've always avoided it for that reason as well but I have been running it the last two weeks and am liking it more than I would have guessed. Unfortunately my time is so limited right now half the pvp matches I've had have either featured a distracted version of myself or the version that has to leave half way through a match so I'm not really sure if it's working out as well as I think it is. Let me know what you think.

TheBulwark likes this.
  5. TheBulwark

A few changes. This is definitely the most successful BG I have played since my return a couple weeks ago. Trying the pool. Only deployed it once, but it got immediately destroyed. I took out Kartch for it since I felt like I had too much ranged anyway. I also have never once used the detection equip, but I am hesitant to take it out, and I feel like it is worth having it in because spot detection can turn the tide of a game. Still loving the BG since it can rush, has great nora gen and a good long game. It really does it all! I would definitely recommend it and am happy to answer any questions for prospective players.
    Capture.PNG

MrCharles and Fentum like this.
  6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Hey @TheBulwark , where have you been?
    Very much enjoying your creative stuff.

7. TheBulwark

@Fentum Been away a while, I have a 16 month old now :). How have you been? I'm having a lot of fun testing things and discussing BGs. As long as I'm playing my ADHD will cause me to be constantly making BGs and constructive posts in every corner of the forums :)

8. Fentum

Hurrah!

Mine are 16 and 18... years not months.

Good times ahead for you!

9. TheBulwark

Uh-oh college on the horizon, and it aint cheap these days lol. Are you on discord?

10. Fentum

Yup but not very active. I am an old school luddite.

MaruXV likes this.
  11. TheBulwark

Lol, well hopefully I will see you on there :)

Fentum likes this.
  12. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

Am i being really dumb? where does the adaptive come from?

13. TheBulwark

In this particular bg, both Tidemaster and defiler have adaptive

14. attio26

attio26 Lord of FS

ah i see - forgot defiler had it

I'm surprised boghopper elite isn't ran in more boggy BGs - I love him

15. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

upload_2017-12-29_16-28-21.png

i usually run this, very heal focused. building dmg in fury and tidemaster, drown module, lots of utility. its a very beginner friendly bg too, because it doesnt have tricks, its pretty straigthforward

TheBulwark likes this.
  16. TheBulwark

Looks good, I prefer more champs and more adaptive champs especially with all the spells myself, and I never feel the desire to deploy Kartch. Can never cut Geks though, too good. Have you tried, the jellies with creative? They really put in work in a spell spam bg, esp in long games. I would also highly, highly, highly recommend Nora weave, if you need one I have a spare. I think you can only fit it as a one of, but it is game changing

17. darkpally5

darkpally5 I need me some PIE!

Decided to check out this adaptive, boggerz, pool of dreams idea and having a great time with it! Lots of potential

TheBulwark likes this.
  18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Kartch is such a solid dude though. I can never bring myself to remove him.

Edit: Nobody running Expanded Reach? I like it. Plenty ways around Merciful with DoTs, Auras and non hopper champs like Hippos.

MaruXV likes this.