Boghopper Discussion

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Monyx, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Alkioneus

Alkioneus I need me some PIE!

That would be lovely. Bunch of frogs, that I wouldn't even know, where they end up with all this confusion. Chaos for me, total chaos for the opponent, one-rounding almost disabled.

2. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

so ok leap 1 is MOSTLY pointless. it really only allows for a 2 space leap so u really cant even jump over 4 champs surrounding you cause youre still engaged on the other side of the champ. its the same amount of space as simple disenaging and walking away so the circumstance for which leap 1 becomes handy are super super rare so its mostly pointless - mostly pointless = pointless. and the idea that all fs should be slippery and mobile i mean its fun and what not but i made my views pretty clear and stated why those views exist....retreat rank 1 and domain x are cool but really the point is certain boghoppers dont need mobility they need power. such as boghopper paladin. he doesnt need leap hes not running away. his job isnt to run away. his job is to tank. give him some tankish ability in place of leap. make him better at his ROLE rather than giving him leap simply because all boghoppers have leap. what he needs is something to make him less 1 roundable. blessed doesnt help one rounding. it only helps on the turn after. blessed is good and i wanna keep it but i dont think we need leap on him.

3. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Exactly the way FS should be hard to catch, but very easy to kill if u can pin them down. . Boghopper spitter losing hit and run stabbed me in the heart. Spitter having hit and run was epic and reinforced the idea of mobility for our faction. The whole dodge 1 hit and run on the spitter was epic. Too bad that had to be changed.

Monyx likes this.
  4. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Agreed. Boghopper paladin does need a powerful tank ability and leap/blessed are not necessary on him. Vigilance is perfect on him. Boghoppers are capable of producing numerous champs with the spawnpool guardian and boghopper paladin supports the tads with high tide as they engage enemies. I was also considering hold the line since bog paly is a protector of the tads which are close to him much of the time and could benefit from the defender clause in hold the line. I was thinking we could add some variety to the leap upgrade line of the bog paladin and change ranks of leap to tank abilities or pick the best tank ability for the second upgrade line and think of two other upgrades that could give him a completely different playstyle and more versatility.

Monyx likes this.
  5. Monyx

Hold the Line sounds good to me on him.

Some others that interest me on him - Hunter: Unholy, Hunter: Wrath, Enduring Aura, Battle Leader, Hammer Throw, Bodyguard

some of these obviously arent defensive but all of it i think id prefer over leap chain.

6. Monyx

A couple things im picturing on Boghopper Enforcer in place of leap - Calcify, Grappling Hook

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

For bog paly second upgrade line I like
    -hammer throw rank1(5nora)
    -hold the line(8nora)
    -enduring aurarank3(4nora)
    Darkmarsh enforcer from his art work and rune text looks to be a fighter adept with chain attacks. Binding chains makes sense. Other chain- like abilities that seem to fit in his second upgrade line for me are:
    -latch on(3nora)
    -constriction(4nora)
    -thrash(8nora)

8. Shell Dorado

Shell Dorado The King of Potatoes

I maintain that Enforcer should keep Binding Chain; that ability is phenomenal. Enduring Aura would be great on the Pally.

9. Monyx

noones talking about changing chains...talking about changing leap on him. but yea i agree chains is great.

i cant say i like these. he already has chains for cc.....im thinking he needs another defensive ability. calcify would be neat.

grappling hook would be good for relocation

maybe an aura since he can cc then hit them with aura.....if u look at his art he almost appears to have an aura of some kind.

i especially like the idea of calicify with chains. since they attack him and it decreases the cooldown. also aura seems a good combo with chains.......grappling hook is just a cool ability in general.

10. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Give enforcer Spur back, thank you.

He needs to be OP again.