Boghoppers (need help)

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by Kharon, May 28, 2015.

1. Kharon

Kharon Devotee of the Blood Owl

[​IMG]

Alright. So there is my boghopper BG as of now. I'm running loyalty on the huntsmasters because Darkmarsh shadow is my main source of detection.

Hippo Riders because they are a personal favorite of mine since forever ago and charge 3 and heavy charger are a great combo for some hefty damage.

Tide masters have surge upgraded on them.

Insigator is getting replaced for Spawnpool Guardian, I just realized how good it is as I was making this thread.

How does my battlegroup look? Should I include anything else? I have the runes and credits to get both blackhand and outlaws but are they necessary? HELP WANTED PLEASE

Gnomes and Anima26 like this.
  2. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

huntmaster isn't it expensive, try out swamp guard crusher, outlaws are okay / good to use but are not needed.

Looks pretty good.

3. Kharon

Yeah I think I'm going to try out guard crusher in replace of huntsmaster. I might include Paladin in the other slot, he looks pretty decent.

4. Leadrz

paladin good for suprise drown.

5. Kharon

Yeah I have always liked protective as well. +7 damage is really nice and heal self makes him pretty tanky. I don't know, would you just suggest I keep one Huntsmaster? I want to replace that one spot with something useful, perhaps blackhand, paladin or another swampcrusher?

6. Leadrz

i would not know as i don't use huntmasters.

7. Kharon

Yeah I just decided to take out Huntmasters all the way, far too expensive for my taste even with leap 1 and loyalty. I might trade for Blackhand, he seems pretty decent now. I could add another Spawnpool, I love how that thing can summon champs and heal.

8. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Paladin is great, Heal Self + he regen 5hp if get hitted. Also, for surprise drown, like mentioned by @Leadrz I like to have the Toads, great Tank with great dmg combined with the auras, but is more about prerefences. Also, Swampguard Crusher is an amazing tank, and Outlaw is a great dmg dealer. I always use one Concealer in my bg, he is very fun to play with.

Leadrz likes this.
  9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Speaking of Toads...

I've been using Bulls a bit more recently. At first it was for a for-fun Slam deck, but with all the recent changes, it's about on par with Boghopper Toad now. No Cone, Aura, or Stench, but that can also be a good thing outside of Poison BGs (less positioning/order of activation to worry about), plus Massive Leap, Sweep, and Battlemaster or Unstoppable are all good things. Stats-wise has only 1 less DMG and 1 less HP, 77/78 Nora with Massive Leap 2 and Unstoppable/Battlemaster 2.

Alkioneus likes this.
  10. Leadrz

Alwa
    bulls everyday.

I've used bulls or months.
    Sweep massive leap. Battle master.

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  11. Kharon

I love 7 speed champs.

Ohmin likes this.
  12. QuestDrago

QuestDrago New Member

I'm fond of those boghoppers too but to be efficient you need :

- 2 Tide Masters with boghopper surge : Well you have them ok BUT WHAT ABOUT

- 2 Darkmarsh Outlaw who also have boghopper surge !

- 2 Snawpool guardian because then can summon a boghopper Tad (ok you saw it)

- Kartch who is a Boghopper too

About the spells the rare one "Boghopper Bravado" is a must because it target a 2x2 area and can give
    to MORE THAN ONE CHAMP, for 6 turns +2 DMG, Fearless, Iron Will AND intimidating for 2 turns ! Wow !

I included 2x Destiny, dedicated to Boghopper actually, very nice equipment.

(The FS for Ever (FS4E) Guild, guild for FS players only, is chatting everyday about FS bg, no need to come to forum)

Last edited: May 30, 2015
    Gnomes and Mr.Knabber like this.
  13. Leadrz

I like your enthusiasm.

Gnomes and Anima26 like this.
  14. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

@Kharon I would defo run Crushers, theyre so good for their nora price and they have defender 3 too. Where are the Boghoppers?? That dude is awesome. I run 2x Destiny atm because its also awesome. (Quest triggers twice on Crusher btw, it did last week anyway, i dont think its been changed). I like Kartch as my anti 2x2 guy. Other than that his kit is abit meh, if he didnt have 7 spd i wouldnt run him at all.

Edit: Paladin is also good at providing water for your Tads to sit in.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  15. Kharon

I don't know why I despise 5 speed champs so much. :/ Crushers are definitely pretty nice though with crushing charge I guess they aren't that bad. I don't know if i'm going to run defender on them though, I was running resistance for a little while there. I love tanky champs. Boghoppers are nice but I replaced them with gluttons. Kartch is nice but I feel like he is too expensive for his worth I might add him in, what would you suggest I take out for his spot thougH?

16. Anima26

I dont like Kartch all too much atm, Precision and Hunter Giant are really the only reasons to run him, unless u desperate for a 7 spd champ, Spitter, Fury, Augur and Tide Master are my go to range atm. 5 spd on Crusher can be a pain but hes so worth at his cheap nora cost and i love the new Destiny equip on him. Glutton is nice. I just run defender 3 on my Crushers because i run 2 boghoppers and 2 enforcers that are barely 60 nora and have them stay near crusher for that juicy +3 def. Its all preference i guess and having fun experimenting with different runes.

17. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Defender is great for buffing tour front lines. Also, 5spd is bad, but he havĂȘ crushing charge, wich helps a lot in movement. I use one With The Swamptouch Amulet, he just tank a lit, and will havĂȘ a great improve in DMG by escalation.
    Kartch is situacional, but The 7spd, hunter giant, precision (Firking nokhando) is great to have.

18. Leadrz

Anyone done the Kartch and escalation?

19. Anima26

Hes pretty cheap at 81 nora atleast, i havent tried using the equip as it gets anti equipped alot of time. As a question, if u remove the equip does it remove the dmg modifier from escalation, been too long since ive used it?

20. Leadrz

99.99999% sure it does unless coding changed in the past few months.
    Also it doesn't stack on champs with escalation