Bone mine VS wake the dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 5amb0, Apr 2, 2017.

1. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

Its probably already been talked about but for 5 more nora than wake the dead, you get one more summon (cool after it (bone mine (bracketception)) dies, wake the dead also relies on the opposing players interaction) a relic that contests. Cool, i get you dont get the contest and summons at the same time. AND those bone spurs which are either 3 dmg or 3 hp spawn every turn and are all in all generally annoying. Not that I know anything about balance, but it would probably still be 2x auto in theme if it only summoned 3 dudes

2. 5amb0

5amb0 I need me some PIE!

Probably not the clearest post I ever made

3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Nope and most everyone that has ever faced a bone mine in skeletons are more then aware of how bonkers it is.

It produces as much Hp in skeletons for 35 nora as ash does for 125 nora

4. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

except 3 skels have no abilities, just sinergy with theme deck. ash has a lot of abilities, and his friends have declare target, shatter, multiattack, melee spec. reflexes. and are elves, with in theme sinergy. not sayin heis op. but he is not comparable

5. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Small Hp units are a liability against battle leader aoe, and slam, which is why I only run 1x bone mine. I'd rather spend the slot for an extra graveyard. Skeletons suck btw.

6. calisk

those abilities combined aren't even close to the 90 nora difference between the two but you're right they aren't comparable in any way other then meat production, which like comparing a rune in a vacuum is largely a waste of time and is nota good argument for getting a rune nerfed nor was i stating that in attempt to get it nerfed.

was just an interesting thing to consider.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

8. DiCEM0nEY

9. super71

No, right now bone mine summons a cluster Firk of skellys on death, I suggested just +3 permanent health. Summoning skellys was always gonna be over the top, although I don't find it nearly as bad compared to old summon relics.

10. DiCEM0nEY

if they didn't summon those skeletons, they would need major buffs to the spurs, since no1 is going to pay that much for such little impact. Compare to grimilc bane.

11. calisk

Well it would likely cost less and would just be another low cost rear relic which you'd drop to keep permanently pumping the Hp of all your skelies.

Would it get run I have...I have no idea but skelies usually spam anything to pump the Hp of their units up

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

It didnt always have skeleton nova. It used to just buff Hp and damage. and create a lot less spurs. it was terrible and absolutely never ran

13. calisk

think it would of been run if it made a 6 spurs a round and did 6 hp per spur for 20 nora?

if the answer is ye then their is a balanced middle ground that could of been reached

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

likely not, it crosses territory too much with altar of bones which is global 4 hp+damage every 2 rounds, without costing AP or positioning.

Personally i think the best start to balancing bone mine is to make spurs not damage enemy units.

MaruXV likes this.
  15. DiCEM0nEY

It's really not that strong, run battle leader or an aoe or swarm, or a ritual spell. Or shatter or dis belief. All's it does is allow for skeletons to be semi strong at contesting enemy fonts from a long distance, which is LITERALLY the only competitive thing going for them right now.

Again, if you think low HP units are good, run them yourself. I'll stick with global slam and adaptive.

16. super71

17. super71

No the best way to balance bone mine is reduce the summons, come on man your bias is showing again. It shouldn't do everything it does and then drop 40 hp worth of meat.

It's a 35 nora relic with 20 health, that drops 4 units, damages enemies, contests fonts, and increase the health of your skellys.

Simply increasing the health it grants to 3 and reducing the aoe that bone mine summons the spurs in would have been fine, but sok had to put his spin on it so this is what we got. I like the idea of it but it just does too much now.

18. super71

I always liked the idea of it's original design but adding when a skelly picks up a spur they get a single rank of damage shield physical.

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Part of me wants Ruin to destroy relics without procing on death effects to counter Bone Mine.

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

If possible, I'd love this.