Borghas and Ember Wasp mechanic discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Falko35, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Falko35

Falko35 New Member

That is all.

2. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Me smellz a trollz....

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

and que nerf discussion
    something something fire volitility is op something something nerf now

4. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Me smellz a zealot

5. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Why baskit you bloodhound you! Maybe I need to sprinkle pepper on my tracks!

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

That would make me sneeze.

OchiK likes this.
  7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Learn to position.

JaceDragon and SPiEkY like this.
  8. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

If you know they have a wasp out you should try to spread your units out. That way they are wasting a lot of nora just to kill one of your champions.

Woffleet likes this.
  9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No, you play as though the Wasp doesn't exist, then rage when it destroys you.

hsssh, Tweek516, JaceDragon and 8 others like this.
  10. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Moga sapper is the new wasp.Just use some relocation to make sure he is not shot down at range.There is a dude in rare league constantly playing fire volatility sp/ud bg,i always find it pretty interesting to play against him and see all the cool little combos he plays.
    Fire Volatility is a risk-reward strategy thats based on positioning and can be countered by nearly all bgs.

TheBulwark likes this.
  11. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Just to clarify; seeing as how the name of the thread calls for a discussion but OP doesn't actually discuss -

Ember Wasp + Borghas + Fireblast is 36 AoE Fire damage spread over three pulses (relevant for, say, Tough), followed by a pulse each from the fire vols. for another 24 damage, accompanied by two additional 9 + 12 damage pulses from Wasp's Flame Nova on Borghas demon, then two additional pulses from Fire Volatility from Borghas getting Wasp, etc...; for 85 nora + 68 for the wasp (153 nora total, but you only need 85 at any given time). This works out to upwards of 70 damage AoE in Area 2, if my math is right, which I'm not sure of, because Fire Resistance would lead to diminishing returns. On one hand, that kills anything without immunity to fire . On another hand, it's a pretty small AoE and needs a lot of setting up. It's not particularly more unfair than forbidden fruit when you use it to kill a champion; or even three, but the problem is that your stealth wasp can eventually cross the map and instakill the opponent's shrine.

Is the issue the whole thing, or just the stealth shrine bomb? I'm asking because giving Wasp Faithless would mean you would have to actually fight through to the shrine before instakilling it, without destroying the wasp/borghas bomb's ability to nuke a small area vs champions.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  12. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

its a time warp

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I was commenting based on current state and mostly my experience with the mentioned dude.

14. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Most relevant comment in the whole thread. Pic to prove the veracity of this claim follows:

[​IMG]

JaceDragon likes this.
  15. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I can say in my short time here, every other ranked game I play is against this deck (hints I play very low ranked games). Wasp, Moga Cannon and Moga Sapper doing everything they can to insta kill my units or ignore my units and hit my shrine with fire blast and borghas thrown somewhere in there. I used to really hate this deck but now that I understand how it works, I just find it another annoying mechanic. It is nothing game breaking once you understand how it works but too any noob who has no skills, this is the mechanic designed for them.

16. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Thing about borgbomb is that it's a champ only strat vs FW and killing champs vs FW is meh.

Not commenting on the power, just saying that it had a major counter.

17. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Boosted Fire Blast kills Borghas without proccing Voltility.
    This is not acceptable, IMO.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You had to do it with two wasps, firebomb vs from likely a cave runner and that one spell that radiates fire our from center as well as tinderbox before that never ending loop was fixed.

Doable, but that's a fully dedicated borg/wasp/imp deck which is much easier to beat, imo, than UD meta that includes the borg/wasp as a module.

TeaScholar and sharang2 like this.
  19. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Snogvie's reveal on deploy fun singlehandedly stopped so many Caine bombs.

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. sharang2

sharang2 The King of Potatoes

Does giving Ember Wasp faithless sound like an acceptable solution to this? Or is it not considered a problem, and that one should just run more detection? It's just that you can get the runes that enable the strategy easily, while newer players don't have access to things like Snogvie.