Boulder Throw

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Vorian, May 12, 2015.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Now thunderhead totem has been nerfed its back to boulder throw which does 2-4 more damage, requires less positioning and is 5 nora cheaper. Not to forget its good for stalling a super champ. Anyway with the thunderhead totem nerf, lightning storm does 1 less damage but hits more champs.

The only advantage thunderhead totem has on the spells I mentioned is its a perseverance counter.

2. sidmouth

sidmouth The King of Potatoes

Boulder throw has always been great. 1x in all my SP bgs. It actually compares pretty favorably to VP even (but I still run VP).

3. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I'm trying out the new spell as a replacement for thunderhead totem. 5 nora less, similar damage, and still a perseverance counter.

Edit: Re BT vs. VP, I still think VP wins out because of its spot removal and anti-equip flexibility.

Edit x2: Also, if you want 16 spot damage, why not run the new hyaenid? 16 spot damage, global 10 damage against summons and illusions, and it dispels while providing 2 forms of alt damage.

Last edited: May 12, 2015
  4. sidmouth

sidmouth The King of Potatoes

The nice thing about boulder throw though, is that it is cheap spot removal that can *also* incapacitate a champ for a turn. Like I said I still run VP and I think everyone should - they really have different purposes. The thing about VP, as all SP players know, is that if you don't get the kill with it, the champ can come back to haunt you in a terrible way because of the 3 turn thing.

5. Vorian

The 2 advantages VP has over boulder throw is equip removal, and you can use it to remove a champ from a font, deploy reinforcements and then double team the enemy champ. Apart from that if you need 1 champ out of action for 2 turns boulder throw is the cheaper alternative. To be honest the only real advantages thunderhead totem had was its usefulness against IS along with being a perseverance counter and the chance to kill multiple champs.

As Sidmouth said if you use VP wrong the champ you VP can come back to lose you the game. If you want to kill a champ with 16hp or less boulder throw is 15 nora superior to VP.

6. Vorian

If you combine x2 boulder throw with x2 dreamcrusher you wont have any problems finishing off champs.