Bowmage Change

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Molosse, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Bowmage, I think most of us can agree, is a bet meh at the moment.

I'd suggest a simple change that'd bring him back into use:
    -Blindfire (Base)
    +Sentinel (Base)

All in all, due to the weird way Sentinel/Blindfire is priced, this would end up dropping his nora cost by 9 and keep him in a similar role but with further reaching effects.

scrampy and xezno like this.
  2. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Its not weird, its the KF effect. Expect any 'similar' abilities to have a weaker AND more expensive version for KF.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  3. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

You do realize that Blindfire predates Sentinel, right?

4. polltroy

So you mean we have not only powercreep on champions now, but also on abilities? The newer an ability the more powerfull and the lower nora cost at the same time? Wow this was some interesting news for me.

Honestly I really thought this was the racism thing I have been talking about, or with a morekind Word, the "KF effect". I dont know if this new information actually is worse or not.

5. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

No, my point was more that the ability in KF came first and was not designed to be inferior. I'm really getting sick of how negative you are.

6. polltroy

Its not fun to hear all the time on forums how OP KF is, when all facts show again and again that KF is always on disadvantage.

So if blindfire was not designed to inferior how does that change the fact that Sentinel with same argument obviously was designed to be superior? Or the devs maybe did not have access to the blindfire information when they made the Sentinel ability, or when they made the revamp and gave both a nora cost?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  7. blazigro

blazigro The King of Potatoes

Why not giving him the Magical Beam instead of blindfire? Makes more sense, because... you know... he is a... wizard and wizards usually throw beams of magical energy instead of randomly attacking people.

8. polltroy

bowmage needs to be out of meta due to it has high spread, it was part of the kf starter deck Before

9. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Ah but's not just a Wizard... He's a BOW Wizard, but sure we could work at giving him a complete revamp but things as they are, easy to implement/effective changes are more likely to be touched upon.

So again, Sentinel gives him -9n and allows him to target melee attackers, that'd be enough to get him runnable again.

ChiaoLung likes this.
  10. polltroy

hehe no one gonna let KF use such OP abilities like Sentinel, at least not unless they nerf it down first. Mark my words, it will not happen.

11. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

I like this simple fix. I would totally run him like this. As it is now, he just hides out in the shoebox :( Excellent suggestion (insert any name but Molosse)!

Molosse likes this.
  12. blazigro

blazigro The King of Potatoes

He throw arrows, what can be more archer than throwing arrows?

13. polltroy

It will never happen that KF get special op abilities that are reserved for factions like ST. Mark my words, just keep dreaming :)

14. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

The difference between sentinel and blindfire is simply because there are inconsistencies with the costing of abilities because pre-revamp the ability cost was merely a first mold. And sometimes champions would receive price reductions through the shitty action of reducing ability costs rather than manual fixing on the champ it self.

15. polltroy

I thpught the revamp was about to reva,p ability and champion costs? So you say this ability did not have its cost revamped?