Brewmaster + Full Plate Armor

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by concealedweapon, Aug 26, 2016.

1. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

I recently realized how powerful a Brewmaster is when equipped with Full Plate Armor.

If you chose the Tough 2 upgrade, you'll have Tough and Resilient on the same champion. All damage that would have been 6 or less is prevented, which makes it completely immune to Auras and Damage Shields. After the first trigger of Thirst For Battle, it will have 6 defense, which means all non-Strike attacks of 12 damage or less are fully prevented and all non-Strike attacks of greater than 12 damage are reduced by 8. Having 6 defense also makes it immediately immune to Hex. Also, with the Ironfist Stronghold faction bonus, all spells that would normally deal 12 damage or less are fully prevented.

If you chose the Void Shield upgrade, all damage 4 or less is prevented, and all damage greater than 4 triggers the Void Shield.

It's also immune to that pesky Vertical Push spell, which a Brewmaster is a common target of in order to reset its Thirst For Battle.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

It didn't give planar bound.

Thx for the misleading info though you made it sound good.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

gives earthbound man, so vertical push doesn't work on it.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Full Plate Armor gives Planarbound which prevents remove from play effects. Earthbound which grounds units is also granted.

Iajabmaka likely used Hammerheart Platemail which does not grant either of those effects.

Qucas, Etherielin and darklord48 like this.
  5. super71

Ehh I know this hence my above post, and the title says full plate armor.

Qucas and darklord48 like this.
  6. poinl

poinl I need me some PIE!

I was putting full plate armor on fishkisser for a while.

7. Anotherblackman

I know what I'm talking about.

Earth bound doesn't stop removal effects unless the greens did something recently to that ability.

If earth bound and planar bound were the same Firking thing by the god damn way, why the hell can Grint maw bouncer massive leap from hold the line, and fault breaker can also massive leap.

@the guy who listed this inconsistency
    I have tasted every drink you will ever have guy so please don't tell me stuff based on paper vs actual application.

8. super71

Except full plate armor does give earthbound..... Indeed it does stop removal effects like vertical push.

9. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

he said you used the wrong equip, lol

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

With Planarbound you can still relocate yourself, Earthbound means no relocation at all I believe.

11. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

full plate armor does not give planarbound, not that it ever did to my recollection. it does have earthbound which stops relocation effects not remove from play effects. VP and blink will still work on targets equipped with full plate

12. super71

I've tried it full plate stop vertical push

13. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

then its a bug and should be reported or else the target was in range of a unit with planar hold or had planar bound on base

14. Firk

Firk I need me some PIE!

Well if it works thats great.did not know it stopped removals

15. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

Earthbound does not stop remove from play effects. But there is a specific exception to Vertical Push, which is stated in the description for Vertical Push.

16. serxic

serxic I need me some PIE!

this is the most Op I've heard, ( thirst of battle + void shield) and then buff him with earthbound until be inmmortal. Then aRE Born the splits IS/St superchamps

17. Anotherblackman

Too bad he is nothing more than a punching bag