Bring Back Mena

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Staxover, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Staxover

Staxover Member

It is me again; and yes, it is again about Mena. DOG, "Bring Him back, Please." This is a HERO, not a ZERO. Elven Strat, a non-hero rune, has better stats than the best Hero in KF and at only 55 NC . . . 55 NORA COST. I can deal with lower HP, but drop Shileded, HM 3 to 2, and Grant: MA. Please bring back his Range, 2-7, and Regen 1 and give him Attack 10 with Surge: Elf and Subsume. If not these, then give him something different like Cast: Redwood Cathedral (AP 4, CD 4. This relic has Shroud and Resistance: Physical 3.)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I'd much rather him keep with Shielded and Heal Mass 3 than get his old RNG back. You do have a point, perhaps, about Surge: X abilities being undercosted in the new formula (i.e. having a high base DMG is worse than a low base DMG with a Surge: X ability).

Edit: Also, I am stoked about Grant: Magical Aura on him!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    EnigmaXIII likes this.
  3. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Elven Strategist is just OP. I don't think comparing runes to him is a good idea.

Mena is fine. I've only deployed him twice so far, but both times he's been amazing. He's still a massive threat.
    Also have to agree with Xirone, Grant Aura on him is sick.

4. Staxover

Staxover Member

Comparing him is exactly the point. He is far to OP for his role. Yet Mena is too UP for his. He is not a massive threat, just a threat, but so are all champs. He was not even a massive threat before the revamp. Snipe and heal was his role mostly, but that is not a role for a Hero. Juya has a clear role as a Hero. Mena does not. What is his role now? The way everyone keeps describing him just keeps him as a sniping healer, but he is the greatest wizard in KF and a pacifist by nature. He is not that with with his current ability set. Since he is a great, pacifist wizard, give him the following package.

Nora Cost 107
    Stats
    Attack 10
    Speed 7
    Range 4-7
    Defense 1
    HP 44

Base
    Attack Magical
    Hero
    Immunity Magical
    Opposing Viewpoints
    Shielded
    Grant Magical Aura 3

First Upgrade Line
    Regeneration 2
    Heal Mass 3

Second Upgrade Line
    Prognostication
    Cast Reclaim (AP 4 CD 5)

With this package, he functions like a Hero and can turn the board. Of course, someone will say he is too OP with this set, but he isn't.

5. mahesar

mahesar The King of Potatoes

He isn't as underwhelming as he seems at first glance. Compared to the past yes, but compared to the rest of the revamped champs, he's kinda good. I admit a little overcosted, but still a solid deploy. Keep in mind how many runes to a speed hit, he's still 7, 8 in ff with that range and, for now, even better with covenant. Good damage and enough range that he can often stay still and double tap for several turns before having to move around.

6. Staxover

Staxover Member

I am not comparing him to revamped champs. I am comparing him to his role in the history that surrounds him. He does not play to his role. He needs a skill set, frankly it does not matter what, that allows him to fulfill his role, not the role players want him to remain as.

7. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

So what this comes down to is that what you want is more important than what everyone else wants.

8. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

The only problem with Mena right now is his cost. He still fits his role from the lore of the game. You can be a pacifist and still know how to use a gun. You can still be a pacifist and use said gun in defense of your home and your country.

9. Staxover

Staxover Member

That was the most laughable judgement ever. I am asking for a change. You, of people in the other thread on Bloom, are asking for a change on Bloom. You hypocrite. How do you ask for change in one way and not support change in another?

10. StupidJerk

StupidJerk I need me some PIE!

I don't agree with your reasoning for it. I don't support change for the sake of change, and pretty much every hero was nerfed. The only change I can imagine being justified for Menalaus is a cost reduction, otherwise his role is as a support mage.

11. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

12. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Grimthir is miles ahead of mena now :)

13. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

can you explain how you think so? im not trying to troll either, im genuinely interested in knowing why because i have grimthir too.

14. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Im against anything involving mena losing shielded. Id like his range to open up slightly more. like 2-7. And nora cost to 107. Thats about it, he was overpowered before, and yes im sure gedden has noticed that the strat needs a nerf.

15. Makorov

2-7? Isn't that what his range was before the revamp? If, for some ridiculous reason, they decided to buff Mena's range back to pre-revamp status, I would assume it would come with a hefty Nora increase.

16. Makorov

He was most definitely a massive threat before the revamp. If I could fit him into my bg, I would. He was, in my opinion, one of the most powerful Heroes in the game. He was even more powerful than Serkan, in my humble opinion. Serkan only became a serious threat in a Lich bg or with Vendetta.

Cast: Reclaim is a no-no.

17. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

LOL sorry i ment 3-7