Bubble Fairy (KF Champ)

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xirone, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Bubble Fairy
    Race: Fairy | Class: Wizard | Size: Small
    Artwork: A male fairy is wrapped in a protective bubble. He is flying through a forest fire unscathed.
    Flavor-Text: "Leave it to the fae to take something like defensive magic and make it beautiful." -K'arim Lamenting Mage
    Rarity: Rare
    Nora Cost: 68-85 (Estimated)

Champion Stats
    DMG: 8 | SPD: 6 | RNG: 1-2 | DEF: 2 | HP: 38

Champion Abilities
    Attack: Psychic (0 Nora)- This unit makes a Psychic attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
    Bounce (6 Nora)- The next time target opposing champion within 8 spaces engages one of your champions, it is knockbacked 4 spaces. This effect is hidden until triggered. This effect does not stack. CD: 4, AP: 0
    Bubble (10 Nora)- Target friendly champion within 4 spaces gains a Buffer of 4 HP. This effect stacks up to 4 times per champion. CD: 0, AP: 2
    Fairy Flight (1 Nora)- This unit has Flying as long as it has 20 or more hp. If this unit loses flying, it gains Defenseless.

Upgrade Path 1
    Leech Vitality (12 Nora)- When this champion hits an opposing champion it gains max HP equal to half the damage dealt.
    Nora Vitality (4 Nora)- The first time each turn that nora is generated via spells, relics and abilities, this champion gains 2 MAX HP.
    Stat Bonus- Health 2 (6 Nora)- This champion has +6 HP.

Upgrade Path 2
    Damage Shield: Psychic (6 Nora)- When this unit is attacked, if the attack is a close-combat attack, the attacking unit takes 6 Psychic damage. This damage ignores DEF.
    Mirrored (15 Nora)- When this champion would take non-Physical combat damage, that damage is reduced by 50% (rounded down), and the attacking champion takes an equal amount of damage of the same type.
    Reflection 3 (6 Nora)- Champions attacking this champion from range take 4 damage of the Attacker's damage type.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    19madfox95, chickenpox2 and Leadrz like this.
  2. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

can bubble target self?

3. Xirone

It is meant to, yes. It is hard to know exactly what the right amount of Buffer to give for 2 AP. 6 AP to preemptively negate 12 damage seems about right. Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  4. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

Hmm... Time slip + this unit...
    - I would split it with FS for some bubble-fun!

chickenpox2 and Xirone like this.
  5. Xirone

That's actually really a nice way to help me figure out what the right ratio of Buffer:AP is. The FS spell that the coding would be based on is Bubble of Protection. Bubble of Protection gives a Buffer of 35 HP for 40 NORA. Time Slip would allow this champ to dish out a Buffer of 40 HP for 30 NORA, assuming the champ uses all its AP on Bubble. Given Time Slip's downsides (i.e not instantaneous AP GEN and the Bubble Fairy could be Distracted) this is probably close to correct.

Kristian Skjold likes this.
  6. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

why not? "each time you use bubble on target fairy (synergy only to racial theme), it gains +5 hp,bubble fairy loses the same amount of hp, this effect can stack"(this also synergies with leech vitality)" then add healing deficiency so it cannot abuse of infinite stacking hp to allies and rely more on an option of second path intead of healing making it a kind of sacrificial fae like chained fae, cause you know only 2 ap with no cd for +4 stackable hp and also from 1-4 instead of cac gives the chance to abuse of it, it seems a bit op it has to have a sort of drawback i don´t know, but i like the idea (not as it´s now).

7. chickenpox2

why not just limit bubble to 4 times?

Xirone likes this.
  8. Bonice90

i could say 2 times.

9. chickenpox2

2 doesn't do much 4-5 times is ample 20 hp max

10. Bonice90

you seem to forget "per turnerino", lets make it 3

11. chickenpox2

i said 4-5 because 20 hp buffer it enough to keep fae alive when its having fairy flight so if bubble is given it can still take hits from defenseless atleast 1-2 hits

12. Bonice90

38 base hp + +5hp from chains of amareth + 7 hp foment+5hp from banner+5hp from loyalty +20 hp per turn from bubble = 80 hp fairy > wow it seems like tiny fairies are gonna be pretty beefy. where´s boost fairy?

13. chickenpox2

wait i thought buffer is like bubble of protection like it just a shield that allows to temporarily protect you thats why i suggest higher only to save during fairy flight
    also only few champs have 39 average is about 34-36 hp lowest is trickster with 30

14. Bonice90

what´s the difference in having max hp or a buffer of hp when there´s no duration on the buffer?

15. chickenpox2

true how about this +5 hp and stack 3 times

16. Xirone

A limit is smart. It will force the champ to spread the love instead of make one champ unkillable. I'll add that in right now.

Edit: Also, I like Buffer because it is easily dispelled. Counters should exist.

17. Kristian Skjold

Kristian Skjold I need me some PIE!

Now i'm just thinking loud.. how bout giving him a debuff.. Let's say the bubbleboy gives a part of his own bubble... for every time he uses this ability.. he would take 2 damage extra for 2 turns. this effect stacks.
    - so if u try to abuse it with timeslip.. it will be RLY invulnerable the Next turn.

konklusion.. if people spend all ap on doing this.. he prolly will die the Next turn.. or.. they spend most ap on bubble.. and get the Firk out of there which will decrease the effect.
    Just a thought?

18. Xirone

Interesting idea, I'll think about it.

19. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I think the cd 0 should be the fairy racial part. "If this ability is used on a fairy, it has cd 0. Otherwise it has cd 1."