Budget Zombie Bg

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by Makorov, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

2. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Lacks unholy tomb, it's key for zombies slow gameplay

Makorov likes this.
  3. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

-1Moga,-1Anethema
    +1UT,+1TOH

Makorov likes this.
  4. Makorov

Awesome, I appreciate the help

5. Makorov

Ok, I need help.

Early game is ridiculous. I know that zombies have a stupidly powerful late game, but I don't understand how I can get there. Nearly every game I've played, my opponent has gotten fast/stealthed champs or relics into my font before I even get there. I constantly find myself praying that I draw Fleshweaver in time, and then I find my self praying I can keep her alive. Any tips on what to do early game?

The range is killer as well. I just don't have enough range. When I do make it to mid/late game (while being a font down the entire time, mind you) I get shot down by ranged champions. I have Dead Faries, but they're 87 nora for a 40 hp champ. And they're unleveled (much like half the bg).

My champs are so squishy. I'm starting to think I absolutely need Coragh and maybe a Warlock or two (lack of range) to play zombies. I try to leave them out of range of enemy attacks, but then I can't reach enemy champs because most of my champs are melee. If they drop something like Frostfall Hydra, Fist of Bastion, or anything tanky, it takes me forever to deal with that one champ. I try focusing on other champs, but it's difficult to do that when it's dealing out damage.

So, are budget zombie bgs not viable, or should I stop sucking? Any replies to the problems I've been running into would be appreciated.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You have to be very patient, and you have to try and stall when you can. Fleshblight and thrall are good at managing rushes, and a stealthed mute stalker should force your enemy to think twice before rushing and helps against range, once you manage to drop the tomb and start to get benefits, you can begin to build up to threaten with a mobi powerturn, but before that, play safe.

7. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Never liked Serkan in zombies, i dont know why, add a zombie behemoth, and a crypt guardian, crypt is somewhat hard to control but if you manage to use it well, very hard to kill and is very annoying.

Nite2kill likes this.
  8. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

Zombies are my favorite - Dead Faries are nice and can do well with the Reapers Blade but the cost is thru the roof . You may want to drop them and replace Serk try 1 Bile and Festering Corpse if you don't have a High Warlock drop Vendetta it in place of another cheapie - Bonecrusher or another Bile,

As well I think you are missing a big part of the Zombie theme - Aura and Nova - without the witch on the field the lumbering champs and Bile are your rush protectors - Cheap, Low cool down, the damage from the aura and nova can be up to 20 HP, good HP so might stay on the field for a turn or 2, Bile with Blind and Scour.

If you are going to keep the Reapers Blade in the build you need a good range champ to slap it on, might I suggest the UTILITY CHAMP OF THE YEAR Frostvein Witch Drudgery can stop the rush and Distract to stop the initiative

Here is my Cheap Build with this I can get a zombie out each turn(just about) with only nora from the shrine

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  9. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Why a bag of filth? theres no champs with black death.

10. Nite2kill

Nite2kill I need me some PIE!

I use the Bag of Filth as a anti-equip for my opponent - causing 8 damage per 4 spaces ignores defense, disease 3 and infectious 3