Buff anti-summon abilities

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ralphen, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

The reason is quite simple: if an ability allows to summon 3 units, the ideal counter should kill 3 summoned units for the same cost.

Rituals are good as they are considering the secondary effect; but shatter summoned could be buffed to destroy all summons in AoE2 (like a bomb) and Disbelief could destroy all the summons within 8 space from the deployment square.

Just ideas, however...

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  2. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

I like the way it is now, tuned down summons and tuned down counters.

Tweek516 likes this.
  3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Do you mean ideal as in, like, good design, or ideal as in what the countering player would want?

4. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Why not just nerf the themes that are pumping out too many summons, the only themes that pump out too many summons are myx, zombies, d'elim.

Not sure why I keep seeing more and more summon Bane Shift each expansion just so people can hate it and rage on the forums. The newest myx summoner is downright silly.

Stop making champs that summon things please it's getting old, and that's why we had all the anti-summon nonsense to begin with.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think outside of one or two abilities (Furbull Mother, for example), summons are in a pretty good place. There are some additional ones still having upgrades and such that need to be cleared up, but I don't think summons in general can be argued to be overpowered right now.

If there is a specific deck or particular summons that are too strong, we can talk about those.

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Not zombies. Zombies are not in a good place. Zombies are nowhere near balanced.

7. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

That dream whatever ability(the one on the beer maiden) is kinda meh af.

If I were to remake that skill, I'd make it a aoe 2 nuke that happens 3 rounds that instants all summoned UNITS.

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Zombies summons aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, although the new ranged zombie is very very good for her cost I'm not sure she should have apocalypse with range.

Her utility is already incredible as she spawns a non lumbering zombie when she dies and spawns other zombies when real zombies die.

The nerf to corpse a pult and then fw only having 2 summon zombie champs in full faction makes them okay. Take a look at myx a minute lol, converting summons to ranged champs or melee beaters.