Building a FAQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Greetings from Desert Owl,

Questions, Questions, Questions are what we want to address. With the transition all of you are full of questions and to help streamline the answers we want to create an FAQ. But, to create the FAQ we need all your questions. So post them here.

Guidelines:
    • Try to keep the question short, ideally no more than a single line of text.
    • Post one question per reply.
    • If you know an answer to a question because we already answered it feel free to post the answer, but make sure to quote the question for which your answer addresses.
    • If you want to have a conversation/discussion about a question or answer create a separate thread, but post the question and a link to the thread here.
    • To keep this thread on topic we will remove posts that are not relevant.

Also, if there are multiples of the same question we will delete all but the most succinct version of that question.

We will compile the questions here and post them with the answers in an official thread, but we may respond directly in here. Any questions that aren't answered will in most cases be because we aren't ready to address them.

2. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

What rules are there on Avatars?

khalliifa likes this.
  3. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Can you be more specific in terms of what type of questions you are looking for? Are you looking to build a general gameplay FAQ? Or are you making a FAQ about the Transition, Desert Owl Games, etc.? Or are you looking to make a FAQ about you, the people of Desert Owl Games?

What type of FAQ are you looking to build or is this just a completely open and nondirectional FAQ?

4. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

What are you plans concerning the timetable for new expansions and the balance patch you've mentioned regarding the massive power/complexity creep in PoxNora?

5. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Is Poxnora supposed to be 1 or 2 words?

attio26, katanafish, Dagda and 2 others like this.
  6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

Would you be ready for further business model changes if initial set fails to attract considerably bigger playerbase?

7. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

Will the draft system still be available after the transition?

Dagda likes this.
  8. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

Fix your kerning then... The logo is beautiful, but it's evenly spaced across.

9. Senshu

We are looking to address questions around the transition and how that will affect players. Depending on the type of answers we may create multiple FAQs, but it makes it easier for everyone involved if questions for us to answer are consolidated in one place. This is the best way to make sure nothing is missed.

10. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

What should I do in order to transfer my poxnora account to Desert Owl Games server?

khalliifa likes this.
  11. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Will the Rune Manager and all the content on the web be merged with the client? It would be sweet to build a bg seeing the sprites instead of the arts!

12. Gedden

Gedden Administrator Octopi

TWO

This was literally the 1st decision we made once the deal was in place. The name the game is: Pox Nora.

13. Cortices

Cortices Administrator Octopi

SOE and DOG will be sending out a Customer Service Notice within the next few days that contains specific directions for the account transfer, but the general idea is that on March 6th, you'll log into your account on SOE's site and then be directed to DOG's site, along with a key that will unlock your account.

14. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Are you planning on keeping 10 rune packs with the same rarity distribution? For example, will a 10 rune pack still have 1 Rare that has a 10% chance of being upgraded?

15. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

I really like the gambling aspect of opening packs (words you don't want to hear DoG, i know). I would like to see everything start out as common runes and have linearly decreasing chances of being upgraded as you go up in rarity, along with the rarity floor that SOE had in place. So, you would start out with 10 runes (1 rare, 6 commons, 3 uncommons), and you would have a chance to have each rarity upgraded once. That would mean that if your uncommon was upgraded to an uncommon, then that uncommon would have a chance to be upgraded to a rare in turn. This way you would be more likely to end up with lots of uncommons and rares than you would to end up with exotics and Legionaries.

16. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

How long after SoE shuts it down can we expect it back up?

Is the main website being revamped for the crossover? All the content on the main page and media is horrifically outdated (The gallery has pictures that really don't reflect the current game at all)

17. Senshu

Hopefully there won't be too long of a lag time between when the SOE stuff goes down and ours goes up, be can't give an exact time because unforeseen delays may occur.

Cleaning up the website is definitely something we are working on, but it will be an ongoing process.

18. Senshu

All 10 Rune Packs are unchanged. Each pack comes with 6 common, 3 uncommon, and 1 rare rune. Each rare slot has a 10% chance of becoming an exotic. Additionally, the 10 Rune Pack comes with 1 token.

19. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

How will you manage the "rune preview" before an exp? SoE used to say "hey we are having a new expansion tomorrow, yay!!" the last 3 times..

20. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I expect delays for the transfer, but I am more or less after a ballpark. i.e. Hours? Days? Weeks?

Unfortunately "won't be too long" still covers Weeks as there's no context.

I don't mind a disclaimer for accuracy. I don't plan to hold anyone to any time specified. I just want to know what time you are reasonably aiming for. Same day, same week, same month, etc.