Building FS/SL Poison deck.

Discussion in 'Split Faction' started by Anima26, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I just put this together the other day as a project i want to try, I havent play tested anything yet, im still building it and playing around with what runes to include. Its basically the FS/SL Knockback deck that people were running a little while back i guess but more focused on Poison Amp. Anyone got any advice on potentially good includes or combos? Or ways to improve the set up i already have.

I dont play Split decks much so ive found it tough to fit the right pieces into the deck while keeping the 15/15 ratio.

This is what i got so far.

https://poxbase.com/deck/CgPC30C6VcpZcwxCg0ChnckNcgBC5qs6Ls8osas5hS84s2-s46s73sYrWR2xe2i

Edit:
    Some thoughts:
    Running 2x Minefields
    Adding Hungry Mire
    Adding Mystic Whirlpool
    1x or 2x Psions
    Better option for detection ( Master Trapsmith maybe, he looks so bad? Maybe Mantid Tracker?)
    Swamp Wisp worth including, looks worth and im contemplating getting atleast 1.
    Alternative healing options, Doctor is a tad slow.
    Potential options for SL side of spellset
    Temple Guard worth including if given Battlemaster?
    Krikkingwing worth an include? Im not feeling it.
    Should i add more Knockback? As i would like to drop 1 Augur ideally, hes a tad (hue) too expensive.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  2. Anima26

@profhulk cant think of anyone else to ask, lol.

3. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Let me give it a shot

So why the 2 Tide master? Poison amp? Imo poison is much more about KB, Poison Clouds and Choking aura then it is about amp and it seems you left behind one of the best poison champs, Poison Elemental. It has poison cloud, poison cloud traps and great stats for their costs. So I'd include two of those in there.

Why snogvie? Why 2 Magnetize? And I'm not too sure about Purge. Also, instaed of The Doctor I would probably go with Glowing Slider. 2 Mine Fields seems like a nice complement to your KB.

If you dont like Augur, you could use Privateer Captain instead.

Now that I read my own comment it doesnt seem to help much but oh well...

4. Anima26

Some of it slightly due to limits with 15/15 ratio.

Running 2x Magnetize just because its a preference, strong and useful spell in lots of situations, maybe overkill but i like 2.

Purge is there incase i need it, the cleanse/dispel can swing a situation, despite its high nora cost.

Poison Elemental i could replace Tide Masters with but then i would lack the magic damage, have less amp, i would lack the aoe bomb and a solid range threat. I would gain a cheap melee with Ampable dmg and poison clouds. I know Ele is good but i cant fit him in :\

Snogvie for alt damage and global distract+dmg, aswell as pseudo detection and he also has absorb and fascinate which is nice. More of a tech card i guess. He helps towards the 15/15 too.

I would run Slider over Doctor but i was restrained by the 15/15 ratio, i might have to tweak maybe to fit an FS healer rather than an SL one.

Hadnt thought of Privateer but i wanted to make a more Poison Amp BG with abit of KB flavor rather than a more KB focused BG.

Any feedback is helpful man, it potentially thought provoking.

Edit: ill probably end up dropping 1x Magnetize anyway to fit something else in.

5. Anima26

Im guessing Swamp Wisp would be a worthy include.

6. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Idk, but the way I see it you have a poison module on your bg but only 1 champ actually have poison damage, so that seems kinda out of place to me. If you wan to keep Tide master due to the magic dmg and AoE Bomb (Why not Poison Cloud?), Id remove Toads then. Also Pulsing globule is completly optional so I would remove it to include better runes, like glowing or elemental.

7. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

swamp wisp + minefield + poison traps + choking aura= :eek::eek::eek::eek:. Other spell combo Monsoon + Boil. What is your objective in splitting? Do you want to intensify poison knockback? Team up our poison dot with sl scour(-2 defense) + locust swarm? Stack dmg debuff with poison + inexperienced(sandspray)? Mess with hives and choking aura (beezick)? Quarry mark + pulsing globule(toss it around for laughs)?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  8. Anima26

I realise last night when i was thinking about this post that i rushed it and didnt actually explain myself, which is why 4nik8 probably got abit confused as to how to help.

My main reason for making this split was a number of things:
    A. To allow me to use Kwing Alphas in the deck and Minefields, and maybe Mantid Tracker/Kwings.
    B. To allow me to play my Poison Amp FS deck with a different spell set, alleviating some of the annoyances i have with FS sometimes (lack of anti equip/relic and spot cleanse, aswell as strong generic AoEs like Burning Sands and Acid storm. Strong Powerturn spells. SL also gives me access to Bodyguard)
    C. I just fancied making a split for a bit of variety, gives the opponent a little more to think about and i dont play them much. (I only play FS and SL so splitting with a diff faction wasnt really an option.)

This is very much a work in progress so im still looking for basic combo ideas and things like that, its by no means a finished article yet.
    I do want the core to be Spitters/KwingAlphas/Toads/Fenteks and Foul Shrooms. And potentially Wisps but i havent used them yet so i dont know if theyre worth or not. They do look worth though.

What i wanted to do basically was make a Poison Amp deck essentially with Shrooms, Spitters, Toads, Kwings and Fenteks and then add some SL runes to give me different options to a FF FS Poison Amp deck, the knockback element of the deck is more of a bonus synergy with Minefields and stuff. I would run P Elementals but i aint got the room. This is what my latest version looks like.

https://poxbase.com/deck/cgPC30C6Vc58Cg0cfFChnckNczWCtbc5qs6Lsas5hS84S2-S46s73sYrWR2x

The spell set still isnt set in stone ofcourse, but the champ selection is there or there abouts, the main issue im having with the champions is which SL champs to include to make up the 15/15 really. Hence the Temple Guards (Cant think of something better so far). And Snogvie is there because again, i couldnt find a better alternative to what he brings.

Monsoon and Boil, i hadnt thought of that haha. Some interesting ideas there @profhulk. Maybe stacking some debuffs would be really nice, such as Scour and Locust Swarm for big -Def. Interesting.

Edit: What are people taking for upgrades on these Swamp Wisps?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  9. Anima26

Still working on this, ill post an updated decklist when i feel ive figured it out abit better. Its a shame the normal Krikkinwing kinda sucks, id like to run it.

10. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Ahn... Lack of Anti Equip/Relic in FS? Seriously?

11. Anima26

I know what youre saying, but corrode and loot have clauses that dont always agree with me, aint got room for Erode. Magnetize so nice.