But really...Minotaur Flamecrusher...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thbigchief, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- I could have sworn this guy was blipping hard on the radar for the switch over balance patch. I've tried several times to cost this guy based on comparative stats and abilities and I can't get his cost to be anywhere below 80ish nora.

Minotaur Flamecrusher

Cost: 73 nora
    Size: Large
    Damage: 11
    Speed: 7 - For some reason every Mino had to be fast and...*

Range: 1
    Defense: 1
    Hitpoints: 54

Base:

Absorb - * ... have some form of range mitigation due to not being demons I guess. A bit silly for cost.

Attack: fire
    Crushing blow - This is likely the biggest offender as it's an OP ability that works off any basic attack (I'd make this ability a special attack +1 ap/2 cd and last 2 turns.)

Flamethrower - Cray on 2x2 champs.
    Unstoppable

Upgrades:

Impenetrable - Combined with unstoppable you have limited options other then taking repeated blasts to the face.

Protective
    Trample
    Pummel
    - Just insulting.

- Anyway there are tons of examples of these kinds of champs. But right now there is no justification for runes like this... and if you see it in a mino deck (though they got hit hard for similar reasons, every champ cost nothing and was lightning fast and immune to range) run. This guy needs to lose 1-2 base abilities and impenetrable or unstoppable or else his cost needs to go to 83ish.

2. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Actually, the biggest problem for me has been unstoppable. Rest was pretty okay. Maybe Speed to 6 or unstoppable gone.

3. Thbigchief

- Yeah absorb with impenetrable + unstoppable makes this guy a log jam that disables and melts faces. Too much too cheap, kind of blatantly.

4. Morningstarz

Morningstarz Member

range dominance in the game pox? no never

5. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

In a BG consisting of 14-16 Minotaurs Flamecrushcer is actually fine. The problem is that its insanely good outside a Minotaur bg..

6. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

OP is right. Crushing blow is the insulting aility here: its a debuff that gives awestruck, -3 SPD, and -1 DEF for free on basic attacks. And even if you cleanse it your champion already started with half AP.

Same with ferrens. Due to the owl change many sok's runes were leaved unaddressed.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  7. Thbigchief

- Bottom line, is if Flamecrusher was a legendary I strongly believe it would have nerfed due to perceived spotlight. The fact that its believed to be in a theme sort of gives it camouflage in spite of it being splashable to greater affect. That aside, If there is to be a "renovator" inspired ability creep change list... this guy should be high up on the list. A billion ferrens, and kas as well.. the low rarity free ability stat sticks.

8. Vaayshan

Vaayshan Member

Maybe we should start with trying to fix the root of the problem, which is that range is so strong melee champs need to be like this to get run.

9. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

for me it is dimension door that need to be looked at. it needs a cool down but not as much as ice walker need to be nerfed

10. free20play

free20play I need me some PIE!

being a 2x2 melee champ is a pretty huge drawback

11. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

I dont think that is the case here. There are a lot of balanced melee runes that dont need to be like this. Flamecrusher isnt strong against range, its strong againt everything. Try to come close to him as a melee champion and enjoy being shrunken into a tiny champion with half stats after a basic attack..
    Actually its the opposite. A 2v2 tanky champ with range resistant is the best choice for tanking since they block more path than a 1v1 and therefore are very effective on hindering your oponent champions, so they cant come close to your damage threats. Colossal Boa or Pit Dragon for example would be less viable if they were 1v1 since they would be easier to avoid and ignore.
    2v2 champs also deal full damage to colossal units. Only on some maps being 2v2 is a really a drawback.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014