Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

Speaking of defender...Hold the Line used to give defender 3 , so I guess now gives just defender??

I was just thinking about the Peaks Dao, more useless than before now with defender working only with race and class ( only monk in Sp and useful only in a FF Djinn theme o_O )

2. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

can we change arise to be spell for UD/FW
    and if someone ask why this?
    I don't care if u change all the spell for split teams to split function as well

Skeezick likes this.
  3. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov Are the plans for the next patch posted somewhere?

I think it would be a good idea to focus on bringing more runes and abilities out of the shoebox. These are some of the easiest changes to make to the game, you just have to be careful not to over buff them.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  4. avichaif

Pilgrimage is too cheap,
    u get 2 abilities that cost 22 nora for 25 nora
    when doom for example cost 40 nora for ability that cost 9 nora
    Shield spell cost 35 nora for +2 def and for ability that cost 7 nora
    I can find a lot more
    but I think that enough to clear the point
    can Crystal Howler get a class?

5. avichaif

but still it's too cheap for what u get
    Mark of Redemption give u 2 abilities that cost 16 and +2 dmg, and if u ask me he is too cheap as well.
    Might of Ironfist give u +5 dmg, ability that cost 8 nora, u lose 10 hp and it cost u 35 nora.
    Ancient Implications give u 3 abilities that cost 20 nora and it cost u 35 nora.
    the last 3 it's with a time limit when Pilgrimage stuck.
    why Tailwind cost 18 nora? only 2 champs have that and it's not worth more then drive or Invigorate.
    can we change Strig Battle Ward class to ranger?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  6. nakaruru

nakaruru Devotee of the Blood Owl

Global ap gen is crazy, thats why they have such a high cost on tailwind and why some people say mischief is op. As for pilgrimage it is rare to find a champ that actually uses both abilities, generally one of them is wasted making the cost more reasonable, feel free to nerf as I don't use it so it won't affect me but I also dont't see a major problem. As for the crystal howler most elementals and beasts ( beasts being ridden by something do but not plain beasts ) don't have classes. All for more flying rangers but honestly battle ward feels like a warrior to me, runs up into the middle of things and starts trading hits.

7. avichaif

can xulos get back Mindwipe Aura rank 1?
    Demonologist how much it cost to change him to 1-3 or 3-4 range,
    I think he can lose Ritual of Destruction for that
    and maybe drain will be in U2, so u can summon imp and drain instead of life siphon or Lifedrinker to low his cost, or add him some hp

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

mindwipe aura sucks and isn't costed properly.
    3-4 range isn't any better than 2-3 they are both terrible ranges.

9. avichaif

I know that 3-4 is terrible range but I think it's better than 2-3,
    I try to check which of this 2 ranges is more common and I think 3-4 is more common
    and if I ask for range 2-4 I think people say it's too much so I try to go in small

10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I believe it has always behaved that way. There will be an icon down in the conditions if it applied off snow or ice, but that is insufficient in reality.

BurnPyro likes this.
  11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

It would appear that the change had since been reverted, likely unintentionally.

12. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Random thought that just popped into my head. Would putting Trail: Rock on Terraformers base nudge him into an acceptable place? Would move his cost to 61-65 without really giving him any benefits.

13. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Why of all things, is dimension door not on this list?

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

They might not be as strong compared to the current meta bgs, also UD overall isn't played much since its been nerfed alot recently and people aren't really running minotaur much.

15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

You know what I mean when I use it and that's what matters most.

16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Dude, really?
    You have like 25 people playing ranked actively atm, playing this "they are not played much" card is completely stupid. Jeez man.
    Dimension Doors have been OP since release and they are due for a nerf for a loooooooooooong time.

17. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Thinking about. Would removal of the evasive clause solve issues?

18. Pedeguerra

No, I actually think the Evasive clause is what makes the whole mechanic "cool".
    The problem is the relocation aspect: it's too big of a range (6 spaces), the ability to target 2 spaces within the dimension doors (which increases the relocation area) and the CD of the ability (I could be wrong here, but I think the CD is 1?).

Edit: I could be wrong with some data here due to me not playing and all, if I am just correct me and we are good.

19. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Nah you are correct, the 2 space cause combined with 6 range is quite large.

I do like the evasive Clause myself as well,

Would you say cooldown 1 is too little because you can do large amounts of hit and run moves, or ?

20. Pedeguerra

Yeah, but before I get into this let me just build my argument:
    When the ability was created and Minos were fleshed out as a theme, the intention of the ability and CD (proposed by @Sepulcher , we all still miss you bro) was to serve as range protection for Minos. Since they were melee and non demon, they needed tools to close the gap and survive, thus being able to gain a rank every time you relocated allowed for very good ranged protection.
    Now, though, most of the high ranged champs are pretty expensive, and you don't see a lot of range spam these days (or do you?). I've seen more and more melee themes thrive these days.
    Either way, it seems to me that the old model of gaining a rank of evasive per relocation is outdated, because frankly there is no hit and run anymore, its more like "I relocate, kill you and I'm on your face now".
    A fairly cool compromise would probably be making the rank of Evasive 2 and CD on the doors 2, along with reducing the range of the relocation (that stupid 2 spaces within the doors clause should go).
    IMO.