Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

All Stitched BGs run Tome of Hate as an auto, the downside doesn't matter; all other variants of Stitched become unplayable.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

wtf.........

3. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

any chance we can have like a ability when we move 3 spaces to a detected trap champion gains disarm trap ap:0 cd:1 that way we can make a path through without walking around it?

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Would that be an ability that champs with Detection get, or every champ? I think all champs it would be too much, but all rangers/rogues or all champs with Detection I believe would be good.

5. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

yea i forgot it be op on everyone so detect champion would be quite balanced

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Right this way ----> http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php?forums/bug-reporting.6/

Also, do you have her in a full faction or 15/15 battlegroup? If she is in a full faction one, she will die since she is a split hero.

7. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

IF terraformer is higher than 65 nora for his lava fall+ tremor build, you will have made him worse than his original version.

Other than that, see the updated list, and I am impressed by the quality of life changes.

Just make sure your nerfs are actually nerfs. Think along the lines of the Priest of Valdac.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

He'll be 718 nora or so.

To be clear, if he costs more than 65, you'd prefer he go back to the no-Tremor build with Shatter on base? Upgrades being Rock Slide, Lava Storm, Tidal Wave and Avalanche at 62?

9. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]

10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Solitary Garu- Solitary removed from base. Mountaineer and Heal Self 2 added to base.

11. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Why isn't this on the list yet?
    https://poxbase.com/relic/209

i have no idea how to fix it or how to nerf it but as many people have said before me 0 cd on all dragons is kinda silly and overpowered.
    dragons are already strong on there own so yeah i don't see the point to giving them 0 cd on top of that

12. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Is it wrong to use that in a FW/SL BG that only has Polluted Martyr and Skywing Rumbler for dragons?

Pattn199 likes this.
  13. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

nah ofc not, if it was it would have been nerfed already......

14. futant

futant Well-Known Member

Caution! Self righteous UD point of view ahead!

Prince Malandar will be effected by this. I don't play minotaurs, but I'm sure this guy isn't ran to often as it is. What I see when looking at this rune is another UD champ that can bash some heads just like any other UD champ, but suffers from a lack of defensive abilities, and some abilities that aren't really needed but are there (trample, opportunistic assualt). It's problem is that it wants to do to many things: counter ranged with Opportunistic assault, hit hard with 13 damage and charge, run around and trample. It needs streamlined some how by making it good at a couple of things to reduce its cost. As it is now it's really to expensive for being another beater.

With out surge 2 three main spider theme champs are getting the nerf stick. Will there be any compensation?

I can't help but wonder how bad every UD champ will be after there global is changed.

Wasn't this nerfed because of splits? If it was made with a no split clause attached wouldn't it be fine as it is? However, stealth would be op.

Kind of boring. Ready makes it playable, but the hunter ability is just dull. For 12 nora the hunter ability is almost always going to be wasted because there are no meek champions, or the opponent doesn't let there meek champion engage. Hunter meek should be an uprgrade and replace fire wall or fire aura on base.

It'd be nice to get them to at least have stealth if they can't contend a font. Or just buff lava trap in some way as no one runs that anyways.

Yes please. The way it is now is so random that it is junk. My only concern would be the ap and range, as melee range with high ap is still probably just as junk, although slightly less then before.

15. Sokolov

Thanks for the Feedback!

1. Yea, Malandur's problem isn't really Regal Presence, because we know the ability is good.
    2. Champions who get Surge 2 removed will typically become cheaper and/or gain some DMG in its place. In the case of Spiders, Surge 1: Arthropod will be reduced to 8 nora.
    3. The Bonus stuff is just a thought at this point :D
    4. ToB is an odd rune. I doubt a split restriction would help.
    5. I had some ideas on making Chosen of Osarius ability more interesting/consistent, but it's not a high priority.
    6. This is just a consistency change, tho perhaps it could come with a cost adjustment.
    7. Yea, I really dislike the way Void Touch works right now.

16. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Haven't read through any of this thread, just saying what I think from looking at the list (I mean seriously 39 pages).

This seems to me to break the purpose of traps being something you put down and wait with, and much more encourages traps to be used in combo with something like relocate:foe or pull. If you want a counter to the map being filled with traps maybe let you disarm them if you can see them?

Can we keep it in PvE? :D

Also, buff epochal sage.

17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov @Moles What are your proposed changes for Gift of Ironwood? I was just playing K'thun in a match and realized how bad Gift of Ironwood is right now.

The Saplings that K'thun make are summoned, have no upgrades, and have 24 HP. Gift of Ironwood turns those Saplings into Gnarlwood Grapplers (also summoned without upgrades). The text of the ability doesn't mention that the Gnarlwood Grapplers it creates only have 25 HP. So Gift of Ironwood, which costs 35 nora and has an AP cost of 4 (with a cooldown of 5), gives you a champion with +2 DMG, +1 HP, +1 SPD, +1 DEF, and Entangling Attack. That is pretty bad for an ability that costs so much as there is practically no additional survivability. I'm not asking for K'thun to stomp faces but Gift of Ironwood is clearly wonky.

Edit I: Keep in mind that the 35 nora for Gift of Ironwood is separate from the 23 nora K'thun spends on Biogenesis.

Edit II: While we are at it, Biogenesis costs 23 nora and creates summoned champs without upgrades and has 24 HP. Geogenesis costs 15 nora and creates summoned champs with upgrades and similar stats (but 20 HP). The K'thun hate is strong.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  18. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

And still hasn't been properly fixed up to playable.

19. Lepakko

Lepakko Devotee of the Blood Owl

I just hope we get smaller patches more often. Its painful wait for next big release to get fixed runes what are clearly broken.

Anima26 likes this.
  20. Sokolov

Overall this year, we actually patch/hotfix pretty often as far as I'd measure - roughly twice a month.

I do, however, apologize for the lack of a patch recently, we had planned to have a new patch out already but some things came up that delayed it.

Leadrz likes this.