Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Biogenesis 23 Nora - When this champion is deployed and at the end of its every third turn, a Sapling with no upgrades is summoned to an adjacent space.
    Sapling - DMG: 6, SPD: 5, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 24, Abilities: Attack Physical, Opportunistic Assault(8N), Fire Vulnerability(-6N)

Geogenesis 15 Nora - At end of this champion's first turn and every three thereafter, a Level 1 Rockling is summoned to an adjacent space. - Does not mention no upgrades. I'm assuming it doesn't have upgrades for this comparison.
    Rockling - DMG: 5, SPD: 5, RNG: 1, DEF: 0, HP: 20, Abilities: Attack Physical, Rock Defiance(5N)

Sapling has 1 DMG and 4 HP more than Rockling. Rockling has 3 nora more in abilities. If 1 point of damage is 2 nora and 4 HP is 1 nora, the cost would be the same. I don't know if that is the correct price for the stats, I'm just guessing. Based on that guess, I would expect Biogenesis and Geogenesis to cost the same. The only reason I can think Biogenesis is more expensive is due to how much buffing could be done with plants prior to the nerfs.

Xirone likes this.
  2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

When Geogenesis says it spawns a level 1 summoned champ, that usually means it comes with the default upgrades (Trail: Rock and Stat Bonus- DMG +1). I can't confirm if that is the case in-game though.

MovnTarget likes this.
  3. Lepakko

Lepakko Devotee of the Blood Owl

Nice to hear. It seems i just had bad luck with my timing of checking game again. But i see good balance changes coming. But waiting them to come. Is painful!

PhdNiceGuy likes this.
  4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I just tested. it also has Trail Rock and Stat Bonus: Damage 1

5. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

(As a stupid reply)
    So, just to confirm either IS is OP and: or kf isn't op?

What I'm really replying to is:
    We have seen great patches this year, I have noticed the lack of one recently but with reddit and moles doing some QoL changes, I'm sure we can wait a 'lil longer.

6. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Ah ok just don't wanna see them nerf to the ground.

7. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Random idea for Temple of Brutality (@Sokolov)

"Starting from your next turn, at the beginning of each turn, the nearest friendly champion within 8 spaces and the nearest enemy champion within 8 spaces take double damage from melee basic attacks" (nora cost: 30)

Can be destroyed before its effect kick in, can be avoided by spacing, allows some degree of control to both player. Worth a try.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'd vote against this -- constant and multiple proximity checks that themselves apply a conditional effect? Sounds like a nightmare.

themacca likes this.
  9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Summoned Grapplers have Commander now too, so that's something at least.

I've always found it odd that K'thun can't move but Gift of Ironwood has only marginal range. If you could actually reach a dying Sapling with it (instead of being forced to use it on a freshly spawned one), Gift of Ironwood could be used like a heal+buff.

Apart from that, K'thun will always be wonky because Wandering negates almost all of the impact his body would have if it could move.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    Xirone likes this.
  10. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Why is Northern Cross Obelisk a thing? Like why doesn't it have an enemy-only clause?

11. Ralphen

Wrong wording. I mean one check at the start of each turn.

Otherwise, it could just work like The Idiotic Mushroom and give out Vuln. Physical: history tells me that it will be balanced for at least a year or two... :/

12. Ralphen

Temple of Brutality (attempt #2 - @Sokolov)

Option A) Same as Foulest Mushroom (updated version). At the start of each turn, the nearest opposing champion get Vuln Physical OR take double damage from melee basic attack.

Option B) While the relic is in play, melee champion have +2 DMG and ranged champion have -1 DMG (non stackable). This will shift part of the UD bonus to the relic if faction bonus are going to be toned down. However, it's quite boring.

Option C) Champions without Iron Will within 6 spaces of the relic are Distracted and gain Berserker 2 if they have a minimum range of 1. Balanced? dunno. Funny? Yes.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I assumed this is what you meant, and that concern has nothing to do with balance. That number of checks just gives players an enormous amount of additional crap of which to keep track, just from a single rune. Putting it on the field heavily ups mental bookkeeping. I think Pox already has too much of that, and, worse, is trending to increase it.

Option C of your rebuild looks a bit more neat, and reduces that problem (a bit).

14. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Hunter: Equipped on heavy ranged dudes, yes faeries im talking about you in particular (although it also applies to others, like Quarry Mark) is full on bonkers. There was a 5-6 ranged fae with evasive no less hitting me for 30+ dmg a hit. All because of a few buffs like Motivate, Banner etc and damn Hunter: Equipped. The ability is borderline op as hell in my opinion anyway as it is really, really easy to apply it but add to that its easily added to any chump you want, including massive ranged dudes is just bonkers. Come on...i thought the days of getting ***** by 30 dmg 6 ranged dudes was over...smh...

Hunter: Equipped? Firk balance.

15. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Lexicon is on the nerf list dude.

Anima26 likes this.
  16. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I dont understand how something so obviously broken was allowed to be released in the first place, meanwhile we have weeks and weeks of having to face obviously broken runes...sigh. I dont mean to sound whiney, but doing stuff like that only adds more problems on top of the already huge problems list.

Edit: I think the best solution is to just totally remove Hunter: Equipped. Its way over the top.

17. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

Boghopper Pupil need a little work on his abilities something mess up
    Poison Charge too: all Fire damage is increased by 2.
    Boghopper Rider cost 50 nora
    Boghopper with no upgrades cost 48 what did I miss here?
    why Marsh Warden got leap 3, why not leap 2?
    Twisted Emerald is in the wrong function or I miss something again
    Tome of the Arcanis Levitate not exist any more
    Emergency Kit - what is Rover: Speed?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Anima26 likes this.
  18. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Please don't ruin my emergency kit, I like to suprise people with that ;)

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov I think keg toss should keep the knockback and earthbound should be changed to grounded. I think 4 turn debuff duration is great. Idk how I feel about it keeping careless or the rng change.
    The choking aura change is great and howling wind should probably get a similar change. You may need to add another effect to the abilities though/adjust cost accordingly to avoid shoeboxing them. You could just change it from vulnerable to increasing poison/frost damage dealt by 5(random number) in aoe 6. This would make it less broken but allow it to continue at its current role and remain effective.
    I think tortuns trade should be more of a passive thing but I am not sure how to change it in the best way. It should also be impactful because tortuns need alot of help but not over the top. I think more than increasing the power of trade tortuns just need more speed and or a change to ponderous maybe replacing it with lethargic or something similar.
    I think desecration will be fixed once it deals half damage to shrines like it is supposed to.
    I am not sure what the backlash change means.
    the slowing armor change is amazing.
    lexicon nerf would be nice but keeping it strong at the same time is important for fairies.
    quarry mark probably only needs 1 of those nerfs, either cost increase or removing the -speed part.
    What do you think about removing the hp or damage portion of regal, keeping it on the champs it is currently on and slightly reducing its cost?
    sandspray change seems good in the long run but atm sand is really bad, lol.
    the changes under consideration seem very well thought out and researched. Most of these seem like they will have a very positive impact on the game.
    vashal nora shield probably needs to be altered, Vashal might be the most broken bg in the game currently because of it. Otherwise they would be very well balanced and a very well put together bg imo.(mirrorblade's mirror swap needs an ap cost as well)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  20. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

so this is still working ability?