Cactuar Crate - Path of De'lim Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

I've been "discussing" it with some people recently, and I'd like to know other people's opinions about the fact that RD makes the champion with it actually "attack" - thus triggering target champion's own abilities - instead of simply reflecting damage back.

My take on it is that RD only stated that damage is dealt to the attacking unit instead, which in my book reads as redirection, which brings us to Deflect, which(with a few weird exceptions iirc) does the job of reflecting the damage to the target champion.

My intention is to actually have RD do what it is supposed to, because the way it has been for years always felt buggy and in certain occasions stupidly overpowered, in my opinion. Of course I'm not asking for it anytime soon, but even if it should be last on the priority list, put it there.

Anima26 likes this.
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Totally support making RD work as close to Deflect as possible. Right now, it's its own animal.

Anima26 likes this.
  3. Djangoguy

Djangoguy The King of Potatoes

You mean like "this unit gains the 'deflect effect' for the next 4 turns"? Does this remove the bug with Gravitone?

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I think that he just means the mechanics.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Nah, it would mostly look the same. Very specific mechanics would change.

6. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

But will not aplly dot or stuff like that.

7. Lushiris

In my mind it should. What happens now is that RD takes the defender's passive attack abilities and applies them as if they were attacking. The "fix" I'm looking for is having RD take only the attacker's damage component deflected back to it, ignoring any kind of ability the defender may have.

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I was replying to someone else who was confused about what someone else was saying. I already said I agreed RD should get changed. Pls. Lush pls.

9. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

why Rockforger and Earth Elemental are not Construct too?
    can Lodestone Armory get a class?

10. Lushiris

Hm, I'm a bit confused, you said it wouldn't remove the Gravitone's issue with RD and Kinetic Impulse, while I think it has to, otherwise it wouldn't make sense. Since your affirmation entered in conflict with what had been said about "correcting" RD, I felt the need of stating that no attack interactions must remain working with it. Sorry if I'm being redundant.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Wait, what on earth did I say? When? No, if RD was changed to parallel Deflect, it would not to my knowledge interact with Kinetic Impulse.

12. Lushiris

I blame Djangoguy for not specifying it. :p

But yea, don't worry man, your word is one I'll never doubt.

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

<3 Well, RD is unique right now, and it would be great if it was consistent with the mechanics of Deflect, its closest current parallel. That's it in a sentence.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Because they're elementals

Cydna likes this.
  15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Race troll on Rockforger plz

16. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

all other elemental r Construct why they different?
    or this:
    there r 14 champs with Rock Defiance mostly elemental and trolls can we combine them?

17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Because golems are automotons/robots. AKA constructs, forger and elemental aren't golems.

18. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I need a new Sandstalker in my life. Perhaps Sandstalker Reaper or Sandstalker Mystic. Maybe even Sandstalker Sentry. Saaandraksar.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sandstalker stalker?

Qucas and Anima26 like this.
  20. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I rather have more Trolls, it will consolidate for real the theme. Also, mixing Construct, elemental, and Trolls does not make sense at all, its better if all 3 are separate themes.