Cactuar Crate - Path of De'lim Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

I rather have more Trolls, it will consolidate for real the theme. Also, mixing Construct, elemental, and Trolls does not make sense at all, its better if all 3 are separate themes.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i dont really understand this. why are people just trying to slap random races onto runes when they clearly aren't that race.

Qucas and Ifem21 like this.
  3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Exactly... If want more Trolls, just ask for making more, but don't consolidate other runes into them, cause they are not.

4. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Sok pls.

5. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

why forger and elemental can't be trolls too?
    why elemental can be dragons, elf, demon,beast, yeti, spider
    i think i clear this point

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I believe Bone Circle staff is too cheap for what it does. For 25 nora you pretty much have an equip that never goes away unless Shattered. An equip that transfers champions should only be this cheap if it transfers to ENEMY champions after each death.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  7. themacca

I agree. Reduce Ancient elsari helm cost to 25.

8. themacca

Is the massive difference in quality behind the 2 fesh summons from mika an intentional downside? it seems like you'd literally always be wanting parasitic fesh as the summon and the possibility of crested fesh is nothing but a hindrance to the usefullness of that ability.

9. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Yes, I think people would find summoning Parasitic Feshes only to be too strong.

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Am I the only person who thinks Swap is too strong at CD 2?

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Only in IS and Minos, but not really because of Swap itself.

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You right IS OP.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Daily reminder that Molten Cloak is does too much for so little...

Kinda like Terraformer.

14. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

Some one should probably buy Sok a notepad or something similar, so he can write it down and never ''forget'' about it again.
    Or a tattoo machine perhaps...

Qucas likes this.
  15. Anima26

Pirahnid Warrior is currently a little bit expensive, even at his cheapest build.

Vigorous Cry costs 10 nora and Brutality costs 8 nora, i think if he lost just one of these abilities it would put his cost in a more runnable spot.
    Personally i wouldnt mind either being removed, Brutality is flavorful with the Pirahnas having access to Multi Attack and Vigorous Cry helps gen AP on the Berserkers that the Pirahnas have.

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It's unfortunate that as soon as a champion hits 80+ nora he becomes unrunnable in most people's eyes, but it is what it is. I'll check him out.

17. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Titans...never forget.

- All kidding aside, but if 80+ nora champ decks consistently won more then 80- nora decks then guess what would happen? Your comment sort of implies its the player arbitrarily deciding all 80+ nora champs are unrunnable (which players do exaggerate) as opposed to what wins and what doesn't ...more as a function of things like Maps/fonts/nora gen/spot removal/stats vs hps.

- I personally like a fat champ to be runnable but there does seem a discrepancy over risk vs reward...a 90 nora champ vs a 67 nora champ. But that's a fascinating discussion for it's own thread likely...as a champions cost goes up it's almost as if the "cost" grows more then its actual nora cost at some point. Loss of second deploy due to fonts of maps, short nora for spells or board presence in general due to less champs.... Those losses may cost you more then what seems to just be 33 nora...it could really be a far greater loss then just the champs cost difference.

tl:dr - It's tough to quantify, like with titans...how insane does a champion have to be for a player to feel comfortable shelling out 90ish nora. And that champ needs to hit like a truck and have damage mitigation and/or gap closing ability....or else it's not gonna survive the environment of one turning champ spot removal. So basically the champion has to start become over-efficient at some point around the 80ish nora mark or else you lose too much when it dies....due to how pox works with font control, map presence and CD's to some extent. But then the champ becomes OP at some point and targeted....its a sweet spot near impossible to hit with how pox is currently.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That happens when there are too many efficient 70ish nora champ.

I've been seeing a few people play the expensive Paladin route (a bunch of 77+ nora champs) and it's pretty solid up until a certain rank.

A solution to solving this problem would be to try to get abilities to be properly costed. As it stands, there are still abilities that are under/overcosted.

19. Anima26

Well in my opinion, its due to there being multiple options that are both better and cheaper. Runes like Warrior that are somewhat expensive for how easily theyre dealt with by your opponent, fall short in comparison. 30 rune limit can be pretty brutal on some runes too, they just dont cut it, compared to the competition. I think Warrior is almost right, hes just a bit too expensive compared to pretty much all the other melee options in Mirefolk. Like i mentioned i think its mainly due to him having/retaining 1 too many expensive abilities.

Pirahnid Warrior has been sitting around 80 nora since i can remember.

You know far more than me so id like to know what you think of him at least.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2015
  20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I feel as if Snow Strike is too expensive for what it does. Would it be possible to lower it down 2-3 nora?