Cactuar Crate - Path of De'lim Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Aug 19, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Consume should probably be sacrifice instead of destroy, for consistency with other abilities that are based on getting rid of a friendly champ for benefit.

2. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

The Empowered abilities are bad. They are boring and take up an ability slot for what amounts to a TEMPOrARY minor stat buff.

It effectively makes them all champs that get worse after the fight actually starts.

If this is the new plan, I would rather go back to having the upgrades be modular stat adjustments +1spd, +6hp, +1 min/max range, etc.

Also yeah...aurora explorer looks pretty sweet...but hes got a bow and no range attack. So odd. I guess it could be that bow from the original Dungeons anddragons cartoon that shoots light...

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Regarding the Stone Clan nerf. i think if it gains warding it shouldnt get a nora increase, regardless of whether or not it is in fact cheaper than tough 3 that jumps from person to person having warding accompany it will deny access to so many of the great friendly target spells such as righteous deflection, Divine Reprisal, Tales of valor and all that other good IS stuff. So i think if warding does accompany tough in stone clan it should remain at its current cost.

Qucas and doubtofbuddha like this.
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

If Numerous is going away, could Moonlit Fae get Nightfall added to the first upgrade path (the one with Multiattack 1/2) to maintain one option for a cheap build?

5. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

This is an awesome suggestion. Not only does it help out mechanically, "Light as a Feather" counteracting "Weighty" just sounds perfect.

I don't know which method would be more programmer friendly, but an alternate approach is to add a condition instead of removing and returning abilities (Featherweight - This champion ignores the effects of Lumbering). That covers Lumbering, Weighty, Lethargic, and any current or future way a champ might become Lumbering.

On a separate note:

Grant Flight does not actually give the target Flight in a way that Windstriker recognizes. This may be because the ability is actually just Levitate renamed but not mechanically changed, or because Windstriker is looking for the base ability.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    Sirius likes this.
  6. Lupefi2

Lupefi2 Devotee of the Blood Owl

can bleed get its nora cost reduced!! It is overcosted!!

7. themacca

I had this thought the other day. but in reality its an ability that creates an on field object that hurts opponents, heals friendlys, and then it enables a series of aditional effects triggered off of other abilities and prevents stealth. thats pretty good for 6 nora

8. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Bleed is only 6 nora?!?! NERF!

;)

9. themacca

get out

10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Wouldn't the proper way to handle the Bastion be to remove Combo Attack: Devastate? I get that Stone Clan needed a nerf so replacing Unstoppable with Warding is killing THREE birds with one stone, but is it the right approach?

It nerfs Zedin and Bastion, but the thing is how will it effect Barbs as a whole? Sure, warding is both a positive and negative ability, but I personally would rather have Bastion and Zedin nerfed, THEN nerf Stone Clan.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

The Clan abilities will be reworked at some point, Stones the only one thats even half good. At least this way itll still be possible to pull off the CA with Incite etc and removes the MoiF instagib which I think we can all agree was too much.

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Technically, you can still do MOI but you'd have to give up Stone Clan to do it, which makes for an interesting trade off. Remove-able of Unstoppable also means that you can now CC Bastion.

But yea, there are several problems with these things, but bottom line is that Stone Clan is pretty far out of line.

13. Beasts for life

Beasts for life I need me some PIE!

Stones only half good?

14. Sokolov

He means the others are less than half good, thus, if Stone's "good" then it is the only one that is more than half good.

Axeraiser and Beasts for life like this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Support the removal of Numerous. A lot of new abilities show up with each expansion, so you might as well cull the ones you can.

As for Carouse, I think CD2 would be better than removing it after a certain number of triggers. From my experiences with Putrid Creeper and Creeping Harvest, removing it after some number of triggers feels bad. It would likely feel even worse on a support champ, although it might make more sense given the ability.

16. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

while i support the removal of numerous its only because its an under developed ability in regards to its synergy interactions. as far as I know, no champ with numerous supports a surge/bulwark type ability and the pos/neg defense aspect is easily worked around and underwhelming in most cases.

however im not liking the double nerf to the drunk theme. I can understand and support the change to St Sems brew, and like the idea of fury on melee champs (or champs with a min range of 1 or whatever) but i think putting carouse on a CD of 2 takes the nerfing too far. I can accept that a zero CD needed tapping but a second tap to the CD is not reasonable along side the St sem nerf.

17. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

clearly nerf meant for poor stitchlings
    you make me sad sokolove

18. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

i thought it was remove choking stench for a second, i had triple wat.

19. JellyBerry

JellyBerry Forum Royalty

Any chance to get Frostbite to have an enemy only clause somewhere? I used this as pseudo detection at times but now it's pretty pointless since it affects my champions too due to the change to frozen and whatnot.

Please look into it.

20. Sokolov

Yes, we are working thru this stuff.

JellyBerry likes this.