Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

It's quite similar to Minotaur Culler indeed. I too find Culler kinda dumb but it two-shots things way less frequently. This is close to Spark Crone levels of dumb damage.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

well rather then direct damage the cullers advantage comes in both high damage and the ability to pull any unit from 6(7?) tiles away to it's death from his waiting allies, combined with mino teleports at his top range it feels like the board is his threat range.

but yes if raw direct damage is the only thing we are considering howler wins I suppose, but not really by much, culler has around a 19 max damage with the ff bonus, howler typically hits 20 with hostile for his first 3 attacks then drops to a 17

3. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

things that need nerfs:

Battle Leader
    Swarm
    Gale
    Ferren SnowSpinner
    Border Guard Elite
    Kento
    Jakei Extinguisher
    Whirlling Quarry
    Poison Elemental
    Spark Crone
    Cyclops Ritualist
    Avalanche
    Terraformer
    Elven Illusionist
    Stig Warlock

I would say any rune which is played outside a theme needs a nerf. Hope that helps.

4. calisk

I can agree with....4 of those

that's better then your usual attempts though

Slencer, Tweek516, 19madfox95 and 2 others like this.
  5. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Sparky if I had to guess

Tweek516 likes this.
  6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Do you honestly believe what you write?

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

A lot of these do not need nerfs...

At this point you're being as annoying as MW24 without the skills to back it up.

SPiEkY, Slencer, 19madfox95 and 3 others like this.
  8. GoldTiger

GoldTiger I need me some PIE!

Not sure if this will get any vision or if its been brought up already but extended reach is something that has flown under the radar until now. A lot of things have range crept up to 1-3 sometimes 1-4 range and this spell has become extremely good. Even more so in the ST split. Perhaps a max range of 1 change?

Just food for thought.

9. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

let't nerf everything is antisummon !! mw is reincarnated!!!

10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

So what are the balance changes being implemented today @Sokolov ?

11. calisk

today?

12. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

See announcements section.

13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think Startle gives too much damage.

limone1981 likes this.
  14. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I think the damage is fine, but the cost is much too low. Its 3 nora now, and enrage 3 costs 6.

Enrage is a lot easier to play around, which is why it only costs 6 nora. You can just not attack the enrage champion, and they won't get the buff.

Startle grants the damage buff when the champion destealths and lasts for 2 turns, so even if you have a detection champion you can't prevent startle from triggering. It's a really really good ability. Compare to domain:shadows, which costs 4 nora for 2 DAM 1 DEF and mobility (which isn't very relevant considering how stealth works).

So I suggest bumping up the cost to 6/7 nora

15. calisk

I think your logic is a little off in the majority of cases units that startle are tough the stealth frequently

16. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Could we possibly make Arrow eater now work when stunned, paralyzed and maybe distracted? Arrow eater seems abit strong especially on Pincushion and Iregaurd who will dominate you in melee fights.

It also makes sense from a logical stand point because I don't believe things that are paralyzed or stunned are capable of digesting arrows.

Gnomes likes this.
  17. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I disagree with this a lot.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Care to explain why?

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Sure.

For a hard counter for range that isn't uncounterable elusive already exists. It's not necessary to further blur their minor differences even more. Plus it's absorption are we gonna make that stuff allly for oblivion shield too. Cause i would rather not

SPiEkY likes this.
  20. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Digestion is actually associated with the parasympathetic nervous system, and is upregulated when you are less active.

Gnomes, Etherielin and NevrGonaGivUup like this.