Cactuar Crate: Planar Disturbances

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I'll look at it again, though I don't see how this is "shoving her into witch."

This puts her at 80+ nora again :( Maybe she needs to the RNG and use her AP in a support role only instead.

2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

That makes sense, I'm probably just being impatient.

I might have taken it the wrong way but having Herder on upgrades along with Coven looked like you wanted to have the option of people running her as a witch rune or a zombie rune, I think Coven is mostly useless on her given that witches have so many other options already. The idea of reducing her range is interesting, I'd not really considered it myself but it could work if it was possible to run her as a healer/herder/summoner all at once again.

Would you ever consider reverting the changes to Zombie Herder back to how it was before? Along with all the other hits that zombies took along the way that change seems unnecessary in retrospect and being able to remove lumbering from zombies (mainly the summons) really enabled a certain playstyle for the theme which just doesn't seem viable anymore.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  3. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Its still not an OP level that need to be changed. There are a thousand more things that should take precedence. If it really was an issue there would be a lot more soultap decks out there. I have been testing and I am not finding it to be particularly amazing.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

You're wrong. Giving all your champions probably the best DoT in the game globally is pretty crazy.

Also, soultap decks aren't really a thing, so I guess you mean psychic? With the population so low, I don't think we can really point to the number of people playing certain bgs as good data. It's pretty accepted that psychic bgs are pretty strong atm.

I mean, you don't even have to run any other psychic champions and the champions with the ability are still decent/strong. That shouldn't be the case for a champion with such a powerful thematic ability.

5. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

I agree that psychic BGS are fairly strong currently. I'm saying they are not OP. And I think enough people play to to prove my point and even so we have to base our decisions on the current population since its doubtful we will see some massive uptick. I can give examples of runes and bgs that I see extremely frequently due to OPness. Every few games you see frost AMP or spirit of the mountain. My point is that if a deck/rune is not warping the meta around it, the efforts of the small developer base are better used elsewhere. Also the argument for something in that BG not to be global seems to be better for psychic agony. Also leading with "You're wrong" is generally not going to illicit much positive response.

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I'm not going to continue (after this post I guess) because if you really can't see how this ability is out of line then I don't know what to say. This one's pretty obviously too strong.

Also, an ability can be too strong even if the theme it is in isn't. Abilities like this hamper future design space for psychic/soultap bgs and their interactions.

7. Voidtrain

Voidtrain I need me some PIE!

Sorry Bulwark, but you are dead wrong on this one. There have been tons of psychic amp decks played in the last couple of months and even in FS meta that Mutant+Mindcaller combo is prevalent. Global X damage + Ensnare + Soultap is insane, which speaks volumes of its frequency (which is a lot). By which I mean every FS deck I run into, outside of Salaman, runs this combo.

8. kthx

kthx The King of Potatoes

• Disbelief - On deploy kill a summon champion
    • Shattered Summon - Kill a summoned champion within 5 spaces
    I like these, Sok; but perhaps both should be summoned unit (rather than summoned champ, specifically).

MogaBait likes this.
  9. Voidtrain

I am inclined to agree, as I have seen thr application of Shatter Summon destroying summoned relics and such too.

Etherielin likes this.
  10. potatonuts

Would it work out much cheaper to put Consume on base instead of Transfer Life? Consume probably works better by itself than TL so would leave her other upgrades more open to choice. I can't check the cost myself as we seem to have run out of databases for checking ability costs.

11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

http://www.poxpoints.com/

potatonuts likes this.
  12. potatonuts

So no real difference there. I'm wondering if her cost is really an issue, she certainly used to pay for herself in the past but since her upgrades changed she hasn't really had that same impact on the game. Maybe just putting Consume on U1 in place of Reconstruct: Blackguard is the best option for now, it leaves her in a similar position to when she had Death Charged/Charged Heal.

Though I'd still like to see Zombie Herder as it was before too.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

1. That has nothing to do with Charged abilities.
    2. Bastion was already nerfed.
    3. Escalating Rage is not free.
    4. He has a -3 modifier, which is fairly typical for champions in his price range.
    5. Warding actually prevents a lot of beneficial spells from being casted on him, which was part of what people was complaining about before, so no, it is not "literally just an excuse to give Bastion spell immunity." It is PART of what happens, but if we wanted to give him Spell Immunity, we'd just give Shielded outright. I will grant you that players have a hard time thinking about what their opponent cannot do though and tend to focus on what they can't, thus why many IS players think their faction bonus is terrible and why many FW players underestimate DMZ.
    6. Stone Clan is already slated to be nerfed as per the Crate.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Tweek516 likes this.
  14. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

I don't underestimate dmz, I use it alot. You over estimate it when compared to say spell resistance. Dmz does not give a predictable effect. Sure, sometimes it works as protecting units from a single target spell. However things such as reverberating blast or harpoon, Cyclops belt, can outeright win a player the game BECAUSE you gambled with the idea of using dmz to protect an important piece to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I use dmz successfully all the time. There are also MANY instances where it doesn't do what I planned it to do, and I lose. SP magic resist on the other hand, pretty much always does what you need it to do, and that in and of itself is inherent value.

Not to mention there are very few runes in FW which benefit from living longer. If you can't use dmz to guarantee their safety, how much value do you think dmz actually has? It isn't as good as you think.

I'm just assuming you were referring to me though, since I don't know who else has been critical of dmz.

15. Voidtrain

Those who think the IS bonus is bad have a severe case of silly brain.

16. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

If it's not bad (which it is) then things like bastion probably couldn't exist

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Please remove Warding so I can start using Warchief Inaug and MoI again.

18. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Can Ash the Bandit Prince please gain deploy dream box as an upgrade option in upgrade path 2? (One time use) Can there be a Prince reskin of Ash?

19. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

An IS champ with warding, why yes, I will fearlessly attack you from range. Finally.

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It isnt very common yet but you can use Confused to remove Warding.