Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

make sure polluted martyr is at the very top

2. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Yes...

3. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I find it ironic that people are still trying to say the +1 spd makes KF op. Its a mod tear faction, and has inferior damage, defense, and HP to all other factions. There have been 3-4 runes that broke the inferior damage and they have all been nerfed hard. AA, falconer, and ancestor.

The only decent KF decks right now is faeries, and vashal. One pretty much Relies entirely on lexicon and 2 faeries. The other relies on stacking banner,battlemaster, and boost 3 to get to where other factions are starting at on damage.

For about 5 days KF had a OP tank in lancer and an OP ap denial strategy with bureaucrat. And an overly strong equip in lexicon. All 3 of which were nerfed hard almost as fast as post-nerf prodigy.

4. kagebunshn

Sokolov is correct though that the kf bonus is the bonus that most obviously needs to be designed around. In a vacuum speed is the most powerful stat. Several KF runes show obvious signs of the dreaded 'pre-nerf', whereas you dont look at ST runes and think 'man they nerfed hitpoints because faction bonus'. You don't look at IS runes and think 'dang this rune takes extra spell damage cuz they wanted to make sure spell resistance wasn't OP'. Nobody says 'Awe man this UD melee champ only does 18 damage and flamestrike 2 for 65 nora, why they nerf it, lol'.

But you do see KF runes and wonder 'hrm, why does this start with 4 or 5 spd? Ahh yea they looked at it and said dang this'll get a faction bonus and everyone will QQ'.

5. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Previously there was the 8 speed sweet spot - the amount needed to get draw wins, or at least a strong advantage. 8 speed is also the amount needed to attack twice every turn.

Conversely, there was a bias against five speed as this would mean you couldn't cap a font on turn two.

Since there are almost no champs outside the 5-8 speed range, this could quite easily lead to the conception that the more speed the better.

The map changes have changed this, and I am beginning to see more five speeders being played.

There is, however, still an advantage to 8 AP, since you can attack twice every turn, but I don't think this is a big enough deal to change the bonus - especially as it is now possible to design 8 speed champs in other factions.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

How do you feel about the split situation, @badgerale?

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I haven't played much KF splits, so this is just looking at it on paper.

Balance wise, it doesn't seem worse than splitting with FW (which I do a lot) or splitting with IS. Split decks generally are about the runes, not the bonuses.

It does seem like a greater power difference between FF and split (as in, the split bonus is less than half the FF bonus), which I guess is bad.

8. kagebunshn

Obviously you can't give split faction +1 speed. But you could come close to granting .5 spd.

Why not just have full faction stay +1 speed and +1 max AP. For split faction keep +1 ap cap and create a new ability for split faction bonus that says "gain 1ap at end of your turn if champion did not attack or use an ability".

Still allows power turns and allows speediness without making draw wins a thing again. 1 ap per turn is a LOT weaker when you lose it as soon as combat starts.

9. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You guys are unbelievable to defend KF bonus staying as is. It's a level of ****** I just cant understand anymore.
    I mean, if IS and ST bonus got changed because of the amount of AP it generated, I cant imagine why anyone would think KF bonus staying as is should be a good move.
    It has been talked about over and over, the sole reason why I think its not changing is because it would make some 4 or 5 KF players leave, and atm Pox cant afford this.
    So, yet again, instead of balancing the game for the good of the game, they leave it unbalanced to please some players - the cycle repeats, I see.
    Shame.
    Couldnt care less though, just thought Id share my view.

Pattn199 likes this.
  10. SpeciousMind

SpeciousMind New Member

"Couldnt care less" implies that the lack of caring has hit an ultimate low which would be equivalent to zero assuming there is no way to hit a negative point. Yet I read an impassioned paragraph above this statement which implies there is caring to be had. This leaves me to believe one of two things. First, that the writer of this paragraph believes themselves to be superior to the audience for which the statement was intended. However to hide this truth, the "Couldnt care less" addendum was attached as a thinly veiled disguise for this truth not to be found out. This level, or lack their of, of this disguise would support the reasoning that this writer views themself as superior. If this is not true, the only thing left to justify this statement would be a specious mindset. If this is the case, I welcome you to the team brother. The more the merrier!

11. Pedeguerra

I just couldnt care less because I've totally quit the game, so no matter what the direction is or what gets done, I wont partake in it, gameplay wise. Doesnt mean I will stop bashing, because I love Pox and it breaks my heart to see its downfall.
    Either way, anyone with Homer in its profile should be a trustworthy person, so thanks.

12. SpeciousMind

SpeciousMind New Member

"I just couldnt care less because I've totally quit the game"
    "so no matter what the direction is or what gets done, I wont partake in it, gameplay wise."
    "Doesnt mean I will stop bashing, because I love Pox"
    "it breaks my heart to see its downfall."

Your kind of all over the place here man. Its that "if I can't have her, no one can have her" mentality. I will be abusive (bashing) to her because I love her? People get restraining orders over this kind of mentality everyday. I was mistake however so I apologize. This is not the specious mindset. It is something much more dangerous.

Netherzen likes this.
  13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

better to just be successful in whatever you do in life and replace the girl with a girl better than her, that's how you win. Then she feels dumb and you got an upgrade. don't take her back though even if she tries to get back with you afterwards because she cant be trusted if she's like that. I don't understand women... never trust people who only want to be around you when your doing well.(don't trust people in general...)

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  14. Sokolov

Your sense of balance is broken if you have no idea why these things are different.

Note: This isn't an argument for or against changing the bonus, but you should be able to easily articulate why they are different.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  15. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

my favorite part of the new expansion is going to be the buffs to my runes by far. really looking forward to this so that I can faceroll my keyboard to battlemaster.

16. Pedeguerra

Even with a "broken" sense of balance I managed to get to top 50 with that premade FS bg with no avatar last month, and would probably be where I wanted to be if I was playing actively.
    But, please, do show me where my balance sense is broken and yours isnt.
    Acctually, dont. Just let it go and I will do the same.
    To @SpeciousMind : ok champ, whatever. Not that I care about your opinion.

17. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Having a good sense of balance has nothing to do with how good/bad a player you are. The better players tend to have more experience and those with more experience tend to have a better sense of balance but that's not always true. As far as where Sok's sense of balance isn't broken he's been able to articulate reasons for changes either being made or not made beyond "too much AP is bad, kay?"

xezno likes this.
  18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Did Sok not elaborate on this, or did I miss it? Any word on what this means?

19. Sokolov

It's what we discussed before already, changing it so it's more like what it was before and not infinite.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Aight, we covered a lot of ground and it was a while back, you mean changing it to reduce after a certain time limit? Or making it not grow off kills?