Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I love this

2. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

What if instead of relying on basic attacks it was just when it collects a nora globe?

This would potentially solve both issues.

Dusk creeper would need to loose sole collection unless it was changed to not collect everything.

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Worms with a Graveyard engine would be my first reaction. Lets do it.

4. yobanchi

It would fit the lore better for them to.

The idea was that worms/creeps were just regular maggoty dudes that ate so many corpses/dead things that they started to gain weird undead-y powers and mutate.

Plus it feeds into FW style, I'd gladly trade outright power for more synergy flavor

5. KingJad

Necrosis
    When a friendly champion captures a nora globe your shrine's Deployment Zone expands by 1 and when an opposing champion captures a nora globe, your shrine's Deployment Zone is reduced by 1. This effect does not increase the size of the Shrine bonus and cannot decrease the shrine's Deployment Zone below 3. (this ability does not stack)

Is this what you were thinking or just purely death benefit since requiring deaths is a double edged sword.

6. yobanchi

New:
    When this unit is deployed from the runedock or when this unit collects a nora globe, your shrine's Deployment Zone expands by 1. When this unit is destroyed, your shrine's Deployment Zone is reduced by 1. This effect does not increase the size of the Shrine bonus and cannot decrease the shrine's Deployment Zone below 3.

Basically outright replacing the growth from kill to just requiring a nora globe collect.

@KingJad that's an interesting proposition

7. KingJad

I like your suggestion better but instead of the outright reduction of the zone on death. Maybe just swap that with the (when an opposing champion captures a nora globe, your shrine's Deployment Zone is reduced by 1.) clause from my suggestion. That offers counter play and allows you to potentially profit off of your own death.

This is assuming collecting nora globes is as hard as getting kills with creeps. Then again you have Graveyards like kalasle mentioned.

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

The nora globe idea is pretty interesting.

If you are going to spend a bunch of nora/time growing globes, I don't see a huge problem with that. At first glance, Soul Collection isn't even a concern to me in this context.

Of course, the biggest difference is that you can get your own champs' globes to offset the -1 on death, but still a much better situation than the current landscape.

9. KingJad

The only problem would be a champion having necrosis and soul collection because the bonus no longer reduces. So dusk creeper is even more meta as it'll expand the deployment zone that no longer decreases when non-creeps are deployed.

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Well, Soul Collection would certainly enable that behavior a lot yes, tho it'd work with just any champ since everything can collect globes.

That's what I meant by "in this context" - i.e. "within the theme."

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Sounds like you'd spend a lot of time micro-managing graveyards or comboing with nora seep - which sounds kinda tedious.

It also just requires you to run one worm to get all the benefits of a worm deck, so you'd have to add 'if a champion without race arthropod or worm is deployed you shrine deployment zone is reduced by one' .

12. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You, sir, are not cut out to play truly abusive decks.

Anyway, yeah, just run a Graveyard engine and pop the skellies with Putrid Creeper to get the globes for Tough.

I'm not sure how much worms play you have actually seen, Sok, but I have about 10-12 full recorded games up on youtube. Is that sort of stuff at all helpful?

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  13. KingJad

When this unit is deployed from the runedock or when this unit collects a nora globe, your shrine's Deployment Zone expands by 1. When an opposing champion captures a nora globe, your shrine's Deployment Zone is reduced by 1 and if a champion without race arthropod or worm is deployed you shrine deployment zone is reduced by 2. This effect does not increase the size of the Shrine bonus and cannot decrease the shrine's Deployment Zone below 3.

Is this doable or is the description too long?

Pattn199 likes this.
  14. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

So there is a severe shortage of female lonx. I just went to make an all female lonx deck, Feministas, and realized there are only 5 female lonx. THERE ARE 16 MALE LONX?! This isn't cool. Please fix ASAP! Thank you!

Sirius likes this.
  15. KingJad

Yes

Netherzen likes this.
  16. rheinhart

rheinhart I need me some PIE!

Ya I know but just though silly a common card can do that much at 74 nora but fought the guy again and he was weak guess its based on a bad situation I got into enraging that thing^^