Cactuar Crate - Ronin Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

No one is "removing" the KF bonus.

Compare apples to apples, please.

SPiEkY likes this.
  2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I am really thankful for what you are doing for Hyaenids and you are doing some good stuff with balancing and everything! However changing the KF bonus could be a disastrous move!

SlickDragon likes this.
  3. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I honestly don't see why you all still continue to respond to some of the posters in this thread.

They are either trolls or incurably stupid.

Either way not worth the time and/or effort.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's pointless to try and argue with Vorian and Polltroy.

Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  5. Vorian

You can say that because its not your faction. Personally I usually curb stomp KF whenever I play them (the only rune that prevents me from curb stomping them is rage), and I dont look forward to curb stomping them even harder from now on. Its easy to beat KF because all their champs are squishy, if only every1 else would wake up to this fact. Beating UD is another question.

6. HalfGodBro

HalfGodBro The King of Potatoes

still nothing planned for Strig Legwhip?? Rapid Attack with dragging attack doesnt work, same with Combo Attack slam, its buggy
    Also what about Angel of Pain having Stab as an Upgrade?

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Bugs are getting worked on rapidly and rolling out every patch. Cant say when your Strig will be fixed but this thread is for Balance changes/discussion not bug fixes. (Would be cool if Moles and Wraith had a thread to post in every time they fixed something on the test servers @Moles @Wraith)

Whats wrong with having Stab? It lets you get past stuff like Magic Eater, Magic Resistance and Split.

8. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

Well what i see u remove the kf bonus and then replace it with something totally different. In a sence the opposite actually.

9. Vorian

The new proposed bonus will be the weakest bonus of all the factions! In fact if this carries on who is to say the ST bonus wont be cut in half, the UD bonus cut in half, the SL bonus cut in half etc...

10. polltroy

I will try again. Offensive play in pox means to contest mid fonts or enemy fonts, that is to move to or beyond mid of map. Usually, when doing so either you do it straight away or you wait till u have a group of champs and do it then. In both cases, after you attack, you rely on spells and relics to gain upper hand, while the defeneer can rely on the same plus on reinforcements, as the fight is close to his deployment zones. Plus 1 or 2 ap when deploying will not change the fact that an offensive player in pox can not rely on new champs after he attacks. However one extra speed the turn after the attack can be very handy. So for attacking, new bonus is not so good and old bonus is good.

Now lets look at defensive role. As defender, its the opposite, ie you fight near your deployment zones. So you can use new champs to fight the attacker. Each extra ap at deployment can mean one more attack the turn of deploy or the turn after, so for defence this is a great bonus. I know since the days of sl garu with 13 ap at deploy. I used him all the time for defense, not for attack. So the new bonus is good for defence, especially if fighting is in front of kf fonts, not inside any mid fonts.

Now finally lets look at how the bonus works itself, ap is always usefull of course. The bonus itself is useless in early game (no bonus first turns) where kf traditonally have been strong (quick to contest fonts, then vortex or protection spells to keep it). So it does not encourage or help on the kf classic quick start. However, later in game, preferably after not doing anythjng for 3-4 rounds after capturing fonts (=passive play), both players have 5-6 champs out. At this point the kf bonus has its full potential. So now kf must lure the opponent to come close to his deployment zones (again passive play) to get full use of the mini initiatove. Again, even if kf charges after being passive 3-4 rounds, still no benefit from bonus as fighting is too far from kf own deployment zones.

11. polltroy

Im very very curious to see if SOK dares to show the popularity of factions on the whole player base. He has not said a word about this request. It could mean there is something to hide there?

12. Sokolov

No, it just means I am not your ***** and I don't respond to ludicrous "challenges" at your behest.

13. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

In moments like these all I can think of is how I feel sorry for Sok and how I wish to hug him eternally for the angelic blessing he's been given, considering his patience and devotion. *hug*

Okay, this sounds weirder than it did in my head.

scrampy, voodoov, JellyBerry and 2 others like this.
  14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

The "whole" playerbase is limited by their collection. New players are still experementing with free decks or whatever they have managed to collect. When I first started, I played UD because it was the only faction that I managed to collect 20 runes for. It by no means was my favorite or even my favored faction but I played it because it was all I had available. Including players like this skews the view of popularity rather than clarifying it.

15. Sokolov

I'll take that hug! :D

Etherielin likes this.
  16. polltroy

Well it was lively discussions in at least 3 threads weather popularity or power was affecting the % in top 200 meta and you have the possibility to give the answer. If you choose not to, i can inky assume that its bcause your are biased and dont want the truth to come out. This is very sad. Its also sad that you use this kinds of language, again, I and others discuss here on the forum to help you make a better job, to make you and your boss earn more money. So there is no reason to take it personal and write bad language. U can ignore me and others, or you can talk to us and discuss with us. But please keep it polite, after all you are not one of those kids but a developer and representative of the game.

17. polltroy

The funny thing is i actually thought the data i ask for might show my theory is wrong. Anyway i asked for the data. Now when sok does not want to show it due to principle (and not lack of time) i suspect maybe it actually does containe something very interesting.

18. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

You're not helping at all. You're a parasite to the forums and this community.

On-topic, yay for speed buffs.

Pattn199 and Etherielin like this.
  19. polltroy

Well i suggested to take all ranked or all that have played x anount of games, so that the selected griup consists of experienced players, but the selection is not choosen based on rank that can be affected by skill or faction power.

20. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I do wanna say I dislike the reduction of range for hooligan to deal with sunder. Its 1 of only 2 ranged drunks. Just replace it with scour 1 which it used to have instead of gimping the range.